PDA

View Full Version : Training plans 2008

cgvmer
01-24-2008, 13:16
So I know we most of us realize that ongoing training for diving is a good idea. This year I am planning to obtain first my AOW, then Rescue.

I just found a Red Cross CPR/AED course being offered for free, which my son and I will attend. (He needs it for RC Lifesaving anyway)

The AOW class I am looking to complete with my son in March when we are in Pompano Beach Fl. The Rescue class I may push off till my daughter is certified during July in NJ and Dutch Springs.

So what are your plans for continuing education?

Mycroft
01-24-2008, 13:33
Finish Cavern. I am already a Master Diver, which includes Rescue.

Who are you training with in Pompano Beach?

First Aid can also be picked up by earning Frist Aid Merit Badge if you son is the right age range to be in the Boy Scouts.

MLenyo
01-24-2008, 13:47
AOW and Rescue (semi-concurrently..) in about may. getting the book work done for rescue while it's still freezing outside, then doing the dives once the great lakes warm up a bit.

Clanggedin
01-24-2008, 14:17
Just finished OW and Did my AOW classwork on Monday. I should have all of my dives done by the end of March. I want to start Nitrox next month and have Rescue finished by June.

I am also starting EFR class in February with my Venturing crew. They need to have it done before we do anything else.

MConnelly2
01-24-2008, 14:18
Finish Cavern. I am already a Master Diver, which includes Rescue.

First Aid can also be picked up by earning Frist Aid Merit Badge if you son is the right age range to be in the Boy Scouts.

Which, in turn - Boy Scout troops in the Cape and Islands area could probably find an EMS/BLS/CPR/First Aid instructor to teach and certify for free, maybe even pay the card costs out of pocket, since said instructor found Scouting a very worthwhile endeavor when he was a kid.

MConnelly2
01-24-2008, 14:19
Thinking about the original topic, I think Ice Diving should be on the menu for the winter.

mwhities
01-24-2008, 15:39
I copy this from my post in another thread:

#1. AOW/Dry suit (April)
#2. DAN O2/cpr/first aid (April/May)
#3. Rescue (May/June)
#4. Deep Air/Adv Nitrox (Feb class work/April Dives)
#5. Rec GUE Fundies (not sure)
#6. Doubles (after #5)
#7. Cavern (after #6)
#8. Into to cave (after #7)
#9. about 70 more dives this year to get to 100 after all of the above. (anytime all year)
#10. Tec GUE Fundies (Maybe 09).

(With a minor edit.)

Gombessa
01-24-2008, 15:52
I did Essentials last weekend. For 2008, I'm thinking Rescue, maybe Intro to Tech.

georoc01
01-24-2008, 16:29
My LDS offers Ultimate Rescue Diver.

http://www.a1scuba.com/classes/ultimaterescue.shtml

In addition, I am thinking search and recovery and maybe wreck.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
01-24-2008, 17:23
Gonna do rescue diver and complete my deep cert checkout dives. They were blown out last year.

MagnaBoxer
01-24-2008, 17:56
Just got my AOW book from LP today. Too bad ST doesn't carry the PADI literature. I've only made a couple purchases from LP and have had no problems however I'd much rather purchase all my goodies from ST.

AOW course is scheduled to be done in March with Blue Angel dive shop when we are in Coz. Counting the days now!

Later in the year, after my son turns 15, I hope to take advantage of the discounted price on the Nitrox course from ST as we all 3 have purchased our computers from ST. Actually my son's Veo 250 is shipping from them today. Hooray! My son still doesn't know he's getting it and is going to be so surprised!

Spoke with our LDS the other day and they said they would set up a private rescue for the 3 of us later in the year and I'm really hoping to get that done this summer.

If I can get these three things done I think I will be satisfied for the year and look forward to just getting in as many dives as possible.

cgvmer
01-24-2008, 18:49

We have not chosen a place for training yet(any recommendations), I figured I would do that in February. I originally hoped to do AOW/Rescue in the same week but my son thought that would be too much in 1 week.

Yeah my son is an Life scout already working on his First Aid merit badge, he took lifesaving last summer, (I actually certified as BSA Lifesaving, thought it was a good idea since I have been assisting with the lifesaving mb for 8 years now)

The Free CPR/AED class is being offered to scouts.

DivingCRNA
01-24-2008, 20:50
Finish the DM I started a couple weeks ago. DM for my instructor friend. SDI Solo cert.

Then I want to dive for fun all summer. Maybe to Deep Tec next year. Maybe this year. We will see what happens.

Soonerwink
01-24-2008, 21:29
Complete my Divemaster, I have had the books since last Spring and haven't had the time to even crack them.