PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic Atom potential issue

Tiptopperoo
01-29-2008, 02:27
Hi,

I am now on my second Oceanic Atom 2.0, Scubatoys were GREAT and swapped the first one over no dramas. However with the replacement one I have noticed that the silver ring around the face is loose and rattles a little bit. Not a huge issue, but for a $500 watch I reckon it shouldn't have any rattles new out of the box, if at all.

Am I being a little precious with this or should I swap it over? I don't want it to get worse and have the ring fall out. I also feel a little bad having to ask ST to swap it again, cos they pay for the postage both ways.

What should I do?

MagnaBoxer
01-29-2008, 11:53
Looked at mine and the ring you refer to is tight. Not sure how it attaches and if it actually seals anything or is there purely for cosmetic effect. I'd suggest speaking with Joe or Larry. Being new it definitely should not be loose and the cost of shipping now is nothing compared to the cost of a potential warranty replacement later.

Tiptopperoo
02-01-2008, 17:17
Called Joe and he sorted it out no probs. Apparently all are a fraction loose if u push em (like mine) nothing to be concerned about, it was just me being paranoid!

Cheers
Dave