PDA

View Full Version : CrossFit Workout

Zyxistal
01-29-2008, 23:14
Recently I was talking with someone at work who said they had started the Crossfit Workout. The way he explained it it sounded like it might work but seemed a little odd. Has anyone tried it or know someone who has and can say that it does work?

For more info you can check their site at Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness (http://www.crossfit.com).

Ryanh1801
01-29-2008, 23:32
http://www.nvo.com/sportquestdir/nss-folder/pictures/goggins.jpg

Works great for David Goggins.
- US Navy Seal
- Badwater Marathon Finish (135 mile run through the desert and up Mt. Whitney) 30 hours, 18 minutes
- Ultraman World Championships (6.2 mile swim, 261.4 mile bike, 52.4 mile run over the course of three days) in 24 hours, 21 minutes for a second place finish

.... 6' 1" tall and 195 pounds. You don't see too many 195 lbers with that type of endurance.

Zyxistal
01-29-2008, 23:35
- US Navy Seal
- Badwater Marathon Finish (135 mile run through the desert and up Mt. Whitney) 30 hours, 18 minutes
- Ultraman World Championships (6.2 mile swim, 261.4 mile bike, 52.4 mile run over the course of three days) in 24 hours, 21 minutes for a second place finish

.... 6' 1" tall and 195 pounds. You don't see too many 195 lbers with that type of endurance.

Oh, well in THAT case.

mpd525
01-30-2008, 08:56
there are a few guys at our police dept. that do it, and with the guys that adjusted there diet, it really made a difference. And you can tell decent gains with the guys who didn't change eating habits.

I thought about doing it, but my wife doesn't like it, and she's my workout partner for now.

diver_daver
02-06-2008, 09:49
Crossfit is what I do in the gym for fun... Some points to consider:

~ it's all scalable to your needs/abilities/fitness level etc
~ every workout is setup as a challenge
~ old school, lots of hard work and sweat
~ great online support community

If your thinking of starting out:

~ off the main web site {www.crossfit.com}check out the start here section
~ start with the scaled workouts or the twelve week starter program
~ read the faq's and the online journal
~ ask questions in the online journal, you'll get lots of great answers and support

Also try to find a Crossfit affiliate near you, as they are not like any other gym:

~ yes a little more pricey than a normal gym
~ almost all sessions are done with a coach handy
~ great support environment
~ a great place to learn the technical aspects of the exercises - safely learn them!

Enjoy and hope to see you leaving a sweat stain on the floor....

RoyN
02-06-2008, 23:10
Hmmm, i gotta try that one.

mwhities
03-25-2009, 22:14
This is what I am doing and I'm down from 335 to 290lbs. I'm loving it.

Michael

fanatique
03-28-2009, 09:51
http://www.nvo.com/sportquestdir/nss-folder/pictures/goggins.jpg

- US Navy Seal

Well I don't think you can get a better spokesperson than that. Take that, Will Smith.