PDA

View Full Version : Scapa Flow

Ajuva
07-28-2007, 16:43
Any of you done Scapa?

European Truuk/Chuuk Lagoon.

Remains of the first world war Imperial German Fleet and various other wrecks.

Heres a bit of vid that gives a taster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoPxBNwli64

Hope you enjoy.

TheGoast
08-04-2007, 15:25
:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:
Exalent

DivingsInMyBlood
08-18-2007, 14:33
Awsome i would almost kill for the chance to dive scapa flow, its one thing reading all the books but its another seeing the real deal. just gotta get my training up and save some cash. kinda makes you tingle just thinking about those ships and the big guns. love the video thanks. so many members of my family were british royal navy in the 2 world wars and this is why i always wanted to get into diving to see warships like these.

caroln
08-20-2007, 18:31
Does anyone have any info on what is the best time of year to dive Scapa Flow? If you haven't already seen it, Deep Sea Detectives did an episode there. Very interesting.

scubadub
01-19-2008, 09:30
The best time to dive Scapa would be British Summer, May to September. They dive it most of the year however, just depends on "ow ard" you are!
It's quite far north so weather and conditions can be very changeable.

whse56
01-19-2008, 10:15
Very Cool, 67+ meters deep, a little deeper than I can go at this time but it would be a fantastic experience.

BuzzGA
01-19-2008, 13:24
Scapa is a dive I've always wanted to do. Some friends got married in the Scottish Highlands a couple of years ago and the bride and I were actually contemplating putting together a pre-wedding dive trip to Scapa, but it got a bit too complicated working around the parties and the ceremony so we scapped the idea...but I still want to go!

Ding
09-27-2010, 10:08
The best time to dive Scapa is late in the year.....September - April. The warmer months sometimes have problems with plankton blooms ..... The wreck diving here is great. You will need a drysuit as the water temp is usually 6-10 deg. Max depths are 40m with most diving done in the 30-35m range so Nitrox is Ideal.

Dive Scapa Flow! (http://www.scapaflow.co.uk/dive.htm)