PDA

View Full Version : Amoxtec O2EII O2 analyzer

DirtyWaterIL
07-28-2007, 16:40
I am interested in this analyzer but I heard from a friend that it gives improper reading when used on a DIN valve. Does anyone have any expereice with this or can you bust this rumor?

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AmoxtecO2EII

cummings66
07-28-2007, 22:17
In this case your friend doesn't know what he's talking about, did he say why? I have that one and it's one of the best around. It usually agrees with my dive shops unit as well, sort of a second check and it agrees with a buddies so that's a third check.

I use a DIN connection to boot, so buy in confidence. He's just jealous you'll be getting a nicer analyzer.

He most likely prefers the one that has all sorts of tubing and connections around.

Rumor busted IMO.

TxHockeyGuy
07-29-2007, 10:49
I am interested in this analyzer but I heard from a friend that it gives improper reading when used on a DIN valve. Does anyone have any expereice with this or can you bust this rumor?

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AmoxtecO2EII

This is the analyzer I see most instructors and several of the shops here using to test tanks, and most are DIN. If it were not accurate with DIN I'm sure these shops and instructors wouldn't be using it.

DirtyWaterIL
07-30-2007, 16:19
thanks a lot. the frind I know got the info second hand and although i didn;t think it was accurate, i figured it doesn't hurt to double check before spending sevral hundred dollars on a peice of equipment

cummings66
07-30-2007, 18:50
Buy it, you'll love it. It's actually one of the few things I think was worth every penny I spent on it. Don't forget that the price you see on scubatoys isn't with any discounts of any sort. Apply that and it looks even better.

If you dive Nitrox, then you need an analyzer and this one is one of the most convenient there is.

DirtyWaterIL
07-30-2007, 21:20
I have access to an analyzer, but it has to be calibrated with pure o2 before every use which is kind of a hassle. i want somthing small quick and easy.

Zenagirl
07-31-2007, 08:24
I don't think you can do much better than the O2EII then. Small, compact, easy to calibrate, easy to use, and rugged. Buy with confidence! :D

DirtyWaterIL
07-31-2007, 23:12
well I guess I know which analyzer I'm getting.

cummings66
08-01-2007, 18:55
What analyzer do you have access to right now? I'm curious which one requires pure O2, most of the ones I've seen require pure air.

ScubaErik
08-01-2007, 23:55
I love mine. The Amoxtec O2EII O2 analyzer was used several times during the year. We got to a little island off belize, the resorts' analyzers, 3 or 4 of them, would not give correct readings twice in a row. I pulled mine out and had all our tanks ready to go in a few minutes. They were so impressed with it that they bought it off me. I came home and ordered another one right away. It is very easy to calibrate and reads out quickly. I had another brand that was so complex I wasn't willing to even try it. Sold it to a tech diver that had grown up with that style.

BSea
08-02-2007, 00:54
What analyzer do you have access to right now? I'm curious which one requires pure O2, most of the ones I've seen require pure air.
I always thought that you used either pure O2 or Pure Air. O2 is 100 and air is 20.9. Either should calibrate just fine.

My buddy has the Oxycheq Expedition analyzer (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=OxyCheq), and I like it better

DirtyWaterIL
08-02-2007, 16:07

I'll deouble check next time I see it. I can't think of the name right now. All i can remember is it's white and green.

cummings66
08-03-2007, 07:17
I agree with the pure air or pure O2, nobody does the pure O2 because it's not as easy to come by and they don't like to waste it when they have it. I do have a tank of it though. Not that the sample size is all that large, I just find that most would rather use the cheaper air to calibrate to.

CompuDude
08-03-2007, 12:32
My friend, an instructor (which really doesn't mean he'd infallible) has all DIN tanks and loves the Analox unit, which he owns and which I borrowed to analyze my tank (also DIN) just a few days ago.

VERY nice analyzer. I'll admit I had a hard time choosing between it and the OMS analyzer they use at my LDS, which is also very nice but definitely more of a pain with the extra tubing and such that has to be physically connected to the valve before using it. http://www.omsdive.com/oxanalyz.html

I liked the Analox so much that yesterday I canceled my mask order with my ScubaToys gift certs (it was back ordered anyway) and applied them to the analyzer instead. I'm looking forward to finally owning my own!

ScubaToys Larry
08-03-2007, 14:08
I have access to an analyzer, but it has to be calibrated with pure o2 before every use which is kind of a hassle. i want somthing small quick and easy.

Most all analyzers say that they should be calibrated with pure o2, and air if when new, and if you change the sensor. The idea is, if it's right at the top and bottom of the scale, it should be right in between.

To be honest, anytime you get a nitrox tank, the guy who filled it should have it marked. If it says 32, and your analyzer says 32... you really have sorta' checked the calibration. Just if you ever get some goofy reading, then have it checked out. Probably means the sensor is going out.

cummings66
08-03-2007, 18:35
I've found once in a blue moon that the diveshops analyzer quit and without my analyzer I'd be diving air. As Larry said it's more of a double check anyhow, but IMO if you dive Nitrox it's a good idea to analyze your air because I have once got a fill that exceeded the mix I wanted, proof enough to me that bad fills happen. Had I done the dive I planned on without checking the mix who knows if I would have been OK or not. Their analyzer had just given up the ghost and I apparently got the bad mix as a result. I still used it, but not on the dive I planned on doing.

IMO Compudude, you'll love that analyzer, it's one of the best around and very convenient to use. I love mine at any rate and can't imagine any other way of doing it.