PDA

View Full Version : Boca Grande

BusDiver
02-04-2008, 07:34
Hey Florida folk,

My wife and I will be down in Boca Grande for a week mid February. Is there any diving in the immediate area. I know we can drive up to Venice and we may do that, however this is not a dive vacation but a vacation where I may do a dive.

Any help will be appreciated. If any one knows the area if they have additional info. they would like to pass on about top side activities I also would be most appreciative.

Good Bubble Blowing,

Bus

Dive Rong
02-04-2008, 17:19
Alas, there is no local diving of much interest in the Ft Myers area - just miles of sand. Some desparate people use to dive the dilapidated phosphate docks off Boca, but they are dangerous due to currents and there is not much to see anyway - not worth the setup and cleaning time of the gear, and I haven't been there for over 20 years. Venice is your closest bet if you're into sharksteeth, and even then, I hear that alot of beach renovation is being done which is mirking up the water and covering the "clay beds" that contain the teeth. That leaves you a 2.5 hour drive to the East Coast where you really can do some worthwhile diving. Enjoy your trip down here. - Chris