View Full Version : Sea Spiders

Aussie
02-06-2008, 18:23
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2057/2247588246_4565a110bb.jpg

Sea spider with eggs.

jugglematt
02-07-2008, 03:27
Hey Aussie

they are also one of my favourite critters , and not easy to shoot , well done . where was this little guy shot, at what depth , temp and reef type ?
what setup did u use to shoot him ??
we have them at times at home JB but i cant find any at the moment ;-(

regards
Matt

Aussie
02-07-2008, 11:18
Hey Aussie

they are also one of my favourite critters , and not easy to shoot , well done . where was this little guy shot, at what depth , temp and reef type ?
what setup did u use to shoot him ??
we have them at times at home JB but i cant find any at the moment ;-(

regards
Matt

Hi Matt,

This guy (or gal) was photographed at Julian Rocks, Byron Bay. It was in about 22m of water. I think the temp would be around the 22c mark aswell. Reef type is the normal stuff we get around there.
The shot was taken with a Olympus C7070. I would like to get a chance to shoot one with my D80 with a good macro lens.

Aussie

kingfish
02-12-2008, 00:22
Great photo mate.
We have them here in Melbourne as well apparently....not that i have seen one yet. :(
Hopefully i am getting a camera soon and i will be a natural, and can take pics like you.:)

Jas.

robcomptec
02-29-2008, 14:11
Cool spider picture!
Did you use the Olympus scuba case, or other custom case?
(I am wondering because of the shot being at 22m)

Aussie
03-02-2008, 05:23
Cool spider picture!
Did you use the Olympus scuba case, or other custom case?
(I am wondering because of the shot being at 22m)

My first Olympus C7070 was in a Olympus factory case and I flooded that on a trip to Bali, Indonesia. Travel insurance paid for a new camera and I bought the Ikelite housing for it. Personally I would not recommend the Olympus cases and your better off paying the extra and getting an Ikelite housing. Ikelite are more heavy duty, industrial and alot better made.

Most housing are rated to 40m and Ikelite are rated to 60m. I have taken my dSLR housing a little bit passed 60m with no problems.

Aussie

Nancy Lynn
03-08-2008, 17:38
[quote=robcomptec;139678]
My first Olympus C7070 was in a Olympus factory case and I flooded that on a trip to Bali, Indonesia. Personally I would not recommend the Olympus cases and your better off paying the extra and getting an Ikelite housing. Ikelite are more heavy duty, industrial and alot better made.

So far, I've had great experiences with my Olympus housing (PT-010 for my 4000Z and PT-027 - for my 7070). My only challenge is finding O-rings, since they are now both discontinued.

Aussie
03-09-2008, 03:25
My first Olympus C7070 was in a Olympus factory case and I flooded that on a trip to Bali, Indonesia. Personally I would not recommend the Olympus cases and your better off paying the extra and getting an Ikelite housing. Ikelite are more heavy duty, industrial and alot better made.

So far, I've had great experiences with my Olympus housing (PT-010 for my 4000Z and PT-027 - for my 7070). My only challenge is finding O-rings, since they are now both discontinued.

I ordered in extra o-rings from a local supplier over here for my C7070. I believe you can still get the O-rings from Japan.

Hope this helps.

Aussie

Travelnsj
03-09-2008, 17:46
Great Photo Aussie...