PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Aqua Tour vs Dive Quest

DarinMartell
02-07-2008, 11:58
Does anyone know the major differences between these two programs. I first thought the Aqua Tour was Snuba, But I read a review and they said they donned tanks while setting up. The website says it has a 30min dive while the Dive Quest is a 40 min dive. Is the tour more like a "intro to scuba" class and guided while the quest lets you roam around?

There is a $40 difference and it shows only a 10min dive difference. Also my 9 year old has said he wants to join me in scuba when he gets old enough (I don't think I will let him for a few years) and if I don't miss out on much with the tour maybe I would do this since he can join me.

NitroWill
02-07-2008, 12:08
I'm not too familiar with the program - but my guess if you do have gear on it is a SAS (Scuba Assisted Snorkel). You have all the gear of scuba on - yet you have to remain on the surface. This is how they do the "dive" at Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon.

Damselfish
02-07-2008, 12:33
My friends did this instead of Divequest so they could take their kids. It's not snuba or diving, more like surface snorkeling with a reg instead of a snorkel. You wear a tank, but you also wear a flotation vest so you can't dive.

DarinMartell
02-07-2008, 12:57
Thanks, thats out, I won'gt even mention the option to my son.:smiley36:

DarinMartell
02-07-2008, 13:55
My friends did this instead of Divequest so they could take their kids. It's not snuba or diving, more like surface snorkeling with a reg instead of a snorkel. You wear a tank, but you also wear a flotation vest so you can't dive.

Ok, the more I think about this... Thats just not right! Mask? check, Snorkle? check, Wetsiut? check, tank? check, regs? check, flotation vest so you can't leave the surface? check... wait! what!!!!

That would be like being able to drive a race car but not be able to go over 25mph! Or like going on a date with you dream woman, your both ready, willing, and able, but due to circumstance beyond your control you can't touch each other! Or finding a website that is selling all of the equipment you want, in your size / color, at 99% off, but it is only for 10 mins and your credit card is screwed up and you can't get another one in time!

Damselfish
02-07-2008, 14:12
well, I suppose it's cooler for kids to use "the gear" rather than just snorkeling. And they can't get water down the snorkel.

But yeah, I did something like this someplace else once, don't even recall if it was a reg or snorkel but they made you wear a really floaty vest so you couldn't go below the surface. Being held on the surface drove me nuts.

TX1Chica
02-07-2008, 15:02
DMartell - You made me smile.:smilie39:
But your right that would be aggravating.