PDA

View Full Version : Divetank.com - What would you do?

medic001918
02-11-2008, 14:02
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some thoughts on how you would handle this situation...

On Sunday, Jan 6 I ordered two sets of XTX50/DS4 regs for my doubles from divetank.com. I was told at the time of the order no problem. On Thursday or Friday of that week, I get an email from them saying that the DS4's are backordered, but DST's would be no problem. They estimated about one week for delivery of the DS4's. I said that would be fine and I would wait. At the end of the next week, I find out that they will be backordered for another week. I had asked about possibly upgrading to the Tek 3 regs from Apeks. I was then told he wasn't sure if he had the second stages in stock. This raised a red flag for me since I thought we were waiting on the first stages...and I thought these came as a set. He said they get the pieces and assemble to what the customer wants...fair enough I suppose, assuming I could have gotten what I wanted.

On Jan 18th, I cancelled the whole order. I got tired of the backorder, and the whole not knowing what's in stock and what's not. I went to my local dealer that Monday and talked to them again about pricing. They agreed to cut me a decent deal on the regs I wanted...and the had them in stock. I left my LDS a pretty happy guy.

The problem is that it's now Feb 11th, and I still haven't seen the credit to my credit card. I've emailed multiple times and have been told that it's been issued, it just takes time for it to get to my card since they're in Canada. I can understand some wait, but this is going on more than two weeks. Especially since the night I placed the order, it appeared on my card in a matter of minutes. It just doesn't seem right to me. I emailed them one final time today and if I don't get any resolution, do you think I'm out of line in calling my credit card company and disputing the charge? Now I'm paying interest on an $800 charge for goods that I've bought elsewhere and paid for...and never received from the initial vendor.

I guess I should have known better than to try them again. I purchased my drysuit from them at the beginning of last year and couldn't have had a better transaction. My wife and I purchased a D9 from them last summer, along with her drysuit and some other small items and that transaction was less than spectactular...but it worked out. Her drysuit which was supposed to take 2 weeks to get in, took about 4-6 weeks...but they did upgrade her to the 2008 version at no charge, but we also got charged all kinds of "international transaction fees" that added up to hundreds of dollars that finally got refunded from divetank, but we were also double billed on the computer which took some time to get refunded. It seems that the billing system over there is rather flawed.

In the future, I don't think I'll be doing business with divetank.com. Richard is a very knowledgeable guy...but the hassles don't seem to be worth the benefits.

So the question remains, how would you handle this situation?

Shane

ScubaToys Larry
02-11-2008, 14:05
Nothing wrong with disputing a charge on gear you didn't get... and the credit card company will instantly remove the charge and you won't be charged interest.

I don't get how some people run their on line shops. We never run a credit card until we ship - unless it's something like a custom order suit... but to run a charge when it can't go out is not the right way to do business in my book.

And... uh... I could make a suggestion on who to call next time you need gear... :smiley2:

Xspect
02-11-2008, 14:25
I still wonder why people dont just use ST all the time. They have always treated me more that fair. They have even help me correct an order that was MY error. I just wish the sold training books

fireflock
02-11-2008, 14:33
You need to talk to your credit card company instead of us. I wouldn't hesitate at all after waiting a reasonable period (maybe a week) for the refund.

Did you really post the story to get advice, or because you wanted to tell people about your experience?

For people who ask 'why not use ST for everything'....Divetank sells some brands that ST does not carry.

Rich (not the divetank guy :))

medic001918
02-11-2008, 14:36
I didn't use ST this time because you guy's don't carry Apeks, which are the regs I had decided to go with.

And I posted this for both reasons. To make sure that I'm not simply being impatient or out of line...and also to share my experience so that others don't find themselves in a similar situation.

For things that ST carries, I usually use them first. But it wasn't an option this time around.

Thanks for the input guys,
Shane

ScubaJW
02-11-2008, 15:00
Sorry about the terrible experience with divetank.com.

ScubaToys Larry
02-11-2008, 15:38
I didn't use ST this time because you guy's don't carry Apeks, which are the regs I had decided to go with.

Zeagles could have been a very nice - almost identical, but US substitute... but it's true... some brands that don't allow US internet sales can only be gotten gray market or from other countries.

mwhities
02-11-2008, 16:03
I ordered my Suunto Vyper computer from them. I talked to the owner (I forget his name.) and asked him if he had any in stock. He said yes, I asked him to get one in hand and make sure. 20 minutes later, he called and he had one. (Mind you, this was after hours his time.) So I ordered it ten and he sent it to me. No issues at all.

The moral? Unless it's STs, make sure they have in IN HAND before you order.

Hollywood703
02-11-2008, 17:17
Also for the record, the international fee's are charged by your credit card, NOT Dive tank. If your Bank doesnt have any origination in Canada, they will charge a fee for international transaction....this is more of an issue with your credit card.....

CompuDude
02-11-2008, 17:53
Richard is a nice guy (although I swear next time I talk to him I'll have to record what he says and play it back slowed 50% so I can understand the guy) and he knows tons about dive gear, and dry suits in particular. You can get some GREAT deals from him.

I can definitely warn you that you should NEVER order anything from them that you are in a hurry to receive, however. Patience and a distinct lack of urgency on your end are the best ways to have a satisfactory transaction with them.

As to your specific situation, yes, simply dispute the charge and let the bank (and DiveTank) figure out how to deal with the refund when/if it finally comes through. If enough people do this, DiveTank will have to start changing how they do their credit charges, or risk getting dropped by the credit transaction companies.

For the record, re int'l fees, I don't recall being charged one when I last purchased from them (about a year ago). I know they have a warehouse up in Washington, so perhaps they don't need to charge them all the time? If you are sure to set your transaction price in US dollars, and there is a local shipping address, I don't see why international fees would be necessary. 2-3% on a $1000+ order is enough to be annoying.

RoyN
02-11-2008, 20:03
I've had dealings with divetank.com before. They did refunded my money around 2 months later. End of story for me. :smilie40:

MLenyo
02-11-2008, 20:15
i would definitely just cancel the charge. it sucks because it ties up a bunch of your money when something like this happens.

medic001918
02-11-2008, 20:31
Glad I'm not the only one that's had similar dealings with them. I don't think I'll be recommending them anymore or making any purchases from them.

And Joe, I know the zeagles are virtually identical, but I can get quick service from my local shop if I need it. And they did me a fair deal on them so I can't complain too much.

Don't worry though, I'll be placing more orders with you guys. I just ordered my new drysuit underwear from you guys...and we'll be ordering a set for my wife sometime soon too I think.

Shane

mike_s
02-11-2008, 22:29
hmmm..... You ordered Apeks regs from an online dealer that isn't allowed per the dealer agreement to sell them online, and you get screwed.

I'd also reccomend getting a higher end credit card such as American Express. They don't take crap from vendors. You'll never have a problem getting a refund credit issued from Amex.

medic001918
02-11-2008, 22:56
hmmm..... You ordered Apeks regs from an online dealer that isn't allowed per the dealer agreement to sell them online, and you get screwed.

I'd also reccomend getting a higher end credit card such as American Express. They don't take crap from vendors. You'll never have a problem getting a refund credit issued from Amex.

Thanks for your opinion. But the question isn't so much the product in this case as it is the vendor. The product could have been anything from bolt snaps, to a complete rig. So let's leave the product debate out of it. And FYI, in Canada Divetank is actually an authorized dealer. And I wouldn't go as far as saying that I got "screwed" as much as I'm unsatisfied with the transaction. I'll consider my "screwed" if I never reach a conclusion...either through divetank, or my credit card company. Like I said, the product has nothing to do with the transaction other than that it wasn't in stock.

Here's the link listing them as a dealer from aqualungs website: Aqua Lung: First to Dive (http://www.aqualung.com/dealer_locator_canada.html#canada). Divetank is also known as Vast Venture.

As far as the higher end credit card...how do you know it wasn't put on an American Express card? I never offered up what kind of card I used to pay for the transaction, nor what cards I happen to carry. At this point, I'll say that it wasn't American Express. But we can't say that I've had an issue with my credit card company. I haven't contacted them as of yet since I've been at work all night. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Shane

CompuDude
02-12-2008, 02:54

Outside of the US rules are different. I believe they are allowed to sell them online when the shop in question is from Canada (like here). Similarly, I know I could buy UK ScubaPro gear that's not sold here in the US (like the mk19, for instance) if I wanted to pay the crazy price and deal with the warranty issues.

medicdiver
02-12-2008, 06:19
I would talk with your credit card company to get it resolved. I've made two puchases with Divetank for dry suits and haven't had any problems with them. I hope everything works out for you.

thor
02-12-2008, 09:42
I ordered a Bare wetsuit from DiveTank and I was VERY PLEASED with the customer service. I had a problem with the original wetsuit they sent me, and with no questions asked, they immediately sent me a new one, and told me to return the original wetsuit once I received the replacement. Both items came very quickly.

ScaredSilly
02-12-2008, 10:12
I ordered a dry suit from them. They were very quick to charge my card yet the suit did not ship out for a month cause they had to first make sure it was pressure tested first. I got a song and dance from them after returning it and finally filed all of the paperwork to my CC to force the credit for a return. The CC agreement is that they have 30 days to refund your money from the day they receive the merchandise back. They never issued a credit so the credit card bank did. Very very slimy in my book. I would not recommend them.

mike_s
02-12-2008, 21:38

Outside of the US rules are different. I believe they are allowed to sell them online when the shop in question is from Canada (like here). Similarly, I know I could buy UK ScubaPro gear that's not sold here in the US (like the mk19, for instance) if I wanted to pay the crazy price and deal with the warranty issues.

Yes outside the US they are allowed to mail order. But they are not allowed to mail order to the US per that agreement as far as I know.

They are both a US and Canadian dealer for Aqualung/Apeks.

It really doesn't matter though.... I don't blame the dealer for trying to compete in a system that the manufacturer makes unfair across a dotted line on a map X amount of miles away. Especially when the same manufacturer allows Leisure Pro to sell the same items and doesn't make them abide by any dealer agreement.

iowdivnut
02-14-2008, 19:01
I'd just say get in touch with your card company and quickly dispute the charges. I screwed around with a hotel on some room charges for 4 months because they said they would refund the charges but it had to go thru their corporate office. I didn't get any resolution until I turned it over to my card company. Lesson learned.

medic001918
02-14-2008, 19:52
I did actually contact my credit card company. Charges were reversed after a couple of minutes on the phone and they're going to deal with the retailer. Needless to say, despite the deals I won't be dealing with Divetank again for any of my needs. Too much of a risk. I don't want to tie up my personal time trying to close the transaction. I like to place an order...and have it show up quickly. ST is on my preferred list of people to buy from, but they don't have everything unfortunately.

Shane

Divetank Dive Shop
02-16-2008, 09:10
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some thoughts on how you would handle this situation...

On Sunday, Jan 6 I ordered two sets of XTX50/DS4 regs for my doubles from divetank.com. I was told at the time of the order no problem. On Thursday or Friday of that week, I get an email from them saying that the DS4's are backordered, but DST's would be no problem. They estimated about one week for delivery of the DS4's. I said that would be fine and I would wait. At the end of the next week, I find out that they will be backordered for another week. I had asked about possibly upgrading to the Tek 3 regs from Apeks. I was then told he wasn't sure if he had the second stages in stock. This raised a red flag for me since I thought we were waiting on the first stages...and I thought these came as a set. He said they get the pieces and assemble to what the customer wants...fair enough I suppose, assuming I could have gotten what I wanted.

On Jan 18th, I cancelled the whole order. I got tired of the backorder, and the whole not knowing what's in stock and what's not. I went to my local dealer that Monday and talked to them again about pricing. They agreed to cut me a decent deal on the regs I wanted...and the had them in stock. I left my LDS a pretty happy guy.

The problem is that it's now Feb 11th, and I still haven't seen the credit to my credit card. I've emailed multiple times and have been told that it's been issued, it just takes time for it to get to my card since they're in Canada. I can understand some wait, but this is going on more than two weeks. Especially since the night I placed the order, it appeared on my card in a matter of minutes. It just doesn't seem right to me. I emailed them one final time today and if I don't get any resolution, do you think I'm out of line in calling my credit card company and disputing the charge? Now I'm paying interest on an $800 charge for goods that I've bought elsewhere and paid for...and never received from the initial vendor.

I guess I should have known better than to try them again. I purchased my drysuit from them at the beginning of last year and couldn't have had a better transaction. My wife and I purchased a D9 from them last summer, along with her drysuit and some other small items and that transaction was less than spectactular...but it worked out. Her drysuit which was supposed to take 2 weeks to get in, took about 4-6 weeks...but they did upgrade her to the 2008 version at no charge, but we also got charged all kinds of "international transaction fees" that added up to hundreds of dollars that finally got refunded from divetank, but we were also double billed on the computer which took some time to get refunded. It seems that the billing system over there is rather flawed.

In the future, I don't think I'll be doing business with divetank.com. Richard is a very knowledgeable guy...but the hassles don't seem to be worth the benefits.

So the question remains, how would you handle this situation?

Shane
Shane, Hello I tried to call you yesterday with your credit authorization number, you had advised me you might be tough to get a hold of over the next couple of days. Yes our billing for credit cards on our Canadian System is done by a 3rd party company which at times has been a nightmare due to the original purchase being done on a US credit card. We do have a US System, however for certain transactions we are not protected or covered based on value of purchase etc. I have contacted our merchant credit card company and they assured me its done. Some credit card companies can take weeks to post. Sorry about this. You can call me 1-310-951-6509 or store toll free 1-877-89scuba. I am on my way to Mexico for some diving. I will try you again today before I head off.
Safe Diving.... by the way, we are changing our system and going with a upgraded system offered by Wells Fargo, that manages all credits and debits in the US. Our Canada system is being upgraded as well to where customers can actual log in and see the a credit or debit on our website.

Divetank

plot
02-16-2008, 09:27
I don't even see DS4's on their website...

medic001918
02-16-2008, 14:48
Thanks Richard,
I have been difficult to get in touch with the past few days due to work and not feeling well. I'm glad to hear that you'll be changing your billing system. I'm also quite happy that this matter has been resolved. Thanks for your help and enjoy the diving in Mexico. I can only dream of getting to go somewhere warm to dive right now...spring can't arrive quickly enough. The pool can only be so fun after a while. Let us know how the diving was down there.

Shane

mehranm3
04-03-2008, 13:41
I am glad I found the post from medic001918. The EXACT same thing happened to me with Divetank Scuba Gear Supply - Wetsuits, Drysuits, Fins & More (http://www.DiveTank.com) and Richard Hally whom I have spoken to personally on several occasions. Here are the facts and you be the judge:

1) Purchased 2 Suunto D9s on 07/31/07 for $2,135 USD
2) Decided on a refund within 3 days which Richard agreed to per their refund policy (30 days)
3) Called on Aug 30 after statement indicated no refund; spoke to Richard who said an error in name created problems
4) Called Sept 28ish and again no refund; problem now was due to international credit being on paper blah blah
5) Called in Jan 08 after returning from overseas; again no refund claimed he would send me certified check via certified mail in two days.
6) Called in Feb 08; no check ever came; post office has no record and he cannot provide a shipped date, check number or tracking number.
7) Sent demand letter Mar 08 - no response.
8) Reported to Better Business Bureau - no response

This guy is a liar plain and simple. I called the credit card company and they said there is no record of even an ATTEMPT to refund the money (which they track). Plus, you actually do not have to have the correct name which is why I know he was lying from the get go.

He is a con-artist and a smooth talker. He will make up excuses and promise to "sell at cost" in the future to make it up to you. Don't fall for it. There is also no fancy accounting system being upgraded. Its just a lie because he's trying to hold onto your cash. This is a family run business and the accounting system exists only in his little brain.

I have taken out ad space against this company on Google. Google divetank.com or Richard Hally and see what you get. I am in the process of filing suit and will seek to have them disbarred from the Visa and Mastercard payment networks.

Stay away from this guy. At worst he is a thief; at best he's just an idiot.

mike_s
04-03-2008, 13:45
You won't have to worry about this anymore... DIVETANK is going out of business.

(of course it might mean you're not getting your money back from them either because of this....)

Ironically, Scubatoys is taking over their online pressence, according to Larry...

mehranm3
04-03-2008, 14:42
Doesn't surprise me really. I emailed their cust service email and told the employees to start filing for benefits. Hopefully they have some assets I can tag. I am a little peeved at eBay too because it basically goes to show that even if a company has a nice web site and good feedback ratings on the site you can get screwed. I think its better to stay offline or go to a site that is at least a publicly traded company (i.e. Amazon.com) so that there is some sunlight into their financials. I just can't imagine this person being a dive instructor. Seriously, would you want this guy watching your back at 90 feet in cold canadian waters?

obrules15
04-03-2008, 14:59
I really have a problem with mehranm3's comments. First of all, in all things buyer beware, which is why I always use a credit card so worst comes to worst you get your refund from your credit card. I wouldn't shop with them but it seems a bit extreme to go off the deep end like that. Many people seem to have OK experiences, to accuse the guy of being SATAN just looks like overkill. It sounds more like he is disorganized. I must say based on your comments and the fact that you posted those as your first two posts I am wondering about you.:smiley5:

mike_s
04-03-2008, 15:01
[quote=mehranm3;152869]Doesn't surprise me really. I emailed their cust service email and told the employees to start filing for benefits. Hopefully they have some assets I can tag. Iquote]

according to Larry in another post, they didn't buy their inventory, because they 'had no inventory'.

fkostyun
04-03-2008, 16:18
Very interesting... well, I guess I'll be ordering my drysuit next year from ScubaToys!

It will be nice to have ST have the DiveTank Bare products availible!

CompuDude
04-03-2008, 18:37
Bummer. I got a really good deal on my drysuit from them.

Of course, it took a looooooong time to get the suits to my doorstep. But it's been a great suit, nonetheless, and at an absurdly good price. I knew the delays were probable going into the deal, however, and wasn't in a hurry, so for me, everything worked out for the best.

Clearly, that's not the case with everyone...

mitsuguy
04-03-2008, 20:00
I really have a problem with mehranm3's comments. First of all, in all things buyer beware, which is why I always use a credit card so worst comes to worst you get your refund from your credit card. I wouldn't shop with them but it seems a bit extreme to go off the deep end like that. Many people seem to have OK experiences, to accuse the guy of being SATAN just looks like overkill. It sounds more like he is disorganized. I must say based on your comments and the fact that you posted those as your first two posts I am wondering about you.:smiley5:

I think divetank got what was coming to them... the ONLY reason for a company to not refund a charge immediately when given proof of return or, if products were never even shipped, would be if the company didn't have the money to refund the purchase price...

bad business, bad ethics, trying to screw over multiple customers when processing refunds - business does not deserve to be in business anymore... The only time I can see waiting on a refund would be if it was waiting for a check to clear, and then, we're talking 10 days, not months...

fireflock
04-03-2008, 20:17
If you take some time to read customer reviews, you will see that your experience getting a refund from Divetank is not unusual. I've read a story similar to your probably a dozen times except those people eventually got their money back with some persistence, and it looks unfortunately like you got caught by them going out of business.

I guess I'm saying that they are (were) a bit disorganized, needed a better billing/refund system, and some customers were getting skeptical and careful about only paying by credit card and disputing the charge quickly if any problems came up.

Not that any of that matters....you're still out the money and that truly sucks.

There are hundreds of full price Aqualung/Suunto dealer who are happy right now. Say what you want about the evils of LeisurePro, Divetank, and some of the stores across the pond, but they are willing to shake up the scuba market by ignoring MSRP, MAP and whatever other price controls the industry dreams up. I think that helps customers, regardless of if you ever buy from them.

Rich

LaCroix42
04-03-2008, 20:25
I wonder if this is an old construction trick. Get sued -> shut down -> two days later new company forms/incorporates under a slightly different name(Construction From Hades IV) but at the same address with a slight shuffling of the officers (say, the same as CFH II). Lather, rinse, repeat.

mitsuguy
04-03-2008, 20:30
I wonder if this is an old construction trick. Get sued -> shut down -> two days later new company forms/incorporates under a slightly different name(Construction From Hades IV) but at the same address with a slight shuffling of the officers (say, the same as CFH II). Lather, rinse, repeat.

there used to be a club here in town that did something similar... they'd get sued or in some sort of trouble for allowing minors in and to drink, then shut down for a week or two, only to put a different sign out front with "new owners" iirc, it was just another family member...

plot
04-03-2008, 20:31

there used to be a club here in town that did something similar... they'd get sued or in some sort of trouble for allowing minors in and to drink, then shut down for a week or two, only to put a different sign out front with "new owners" iirc, it was just another family member...

and they kept giving them a liqour liscense?

mitsuguy
04-03-2008, 20:33

and they kept giving them a liqour liscense?

different owner, different business name... no way to dispute it I guess... but, yes, this went on for like 4 years, and 7 different club names...

now it's defunct, but still...

mike_s
04-03-2008, 21:20
If you take some time to read customer reviews, you will see that your experience getting a refund from Divetank is not unusual. I've read a story similar to your probably a dozen times except those people eventually got their money back with some persistence, and it looks unfortunately like you got caught by them going out of business.

Those many reviews of negative experiences with them delivering product and refund problems is one of the reason I never ordered from them. I mean why should I if I can better service for the same or better price elsewhere....

So it appears that their own poor customer service and poor management problems self inflicted their permanent demise.

medic001918
04-15-2008, 16:43
I thought I'd posted an update here, but it doesn't look like I did. Fortunately, I did finally get a refund. I had my credit card company do a charge back and they refunded the money that day to my card. About two or three weeks later, Divetank finally issued the refund to my card. The credit card company then adjusted the charge back so that everything balanced out in the end. No getting screwed here. It looks like I got out just in time. In the mean time, I've been a happy guy with my regs that I ended up getting locally for a good price.

So does this mean Scubatoys is going to start selling AL products (such as Apeks)? Or is that still a no go?

Shane

mike_s
04-15-2008, 17:02
So does this mean Scubatoys is going to start selling AL products (such as Apeks)? Or is that still a no go?

AL doesn't officially allow the sale of AL or Apeks online. They also are not supportive of their dealers. Can't blame ST for not carrying them.

ScubaToys Larry
04-15-2008, 17:12
Very interesting... well, I guess I'll be ordering my drysuit next year from ScubaToys!

It will be nice to have ST have the DiveTank Bare products availible!

Actually, we've been a Bare dealer for about 4 or 5 years... so no problem there ever.

But no, we will not be dealing with aqualung, or suunto until they change their way of doing business.

Sounder
04-15-2008, 17:36
(sigh) I need a new SK7 and bottom timer.

mehranm3
04-28-2008, 19:52
If someone cheated you out of $2250 I think you'd be pissed too. Secondly, the credit card only refunds within 30 days of a bad transaction but my point is this: This is dishonest and illegal. He told me point blank on the phone he would refund it and he made no effort to do it (for 6 months). He is a liar. The reason he tells you to get it from the CC is because it comes out of their pocket and he keeps the money he originally charged. Its a scam.

If you take someone's money via credit card and provide nothing in return its the same as mugging someone on the street for 2k at gun point.

Oh and just so you know, he lives in a castle of a home worth more than $1 million USD. Feel bad for him now?

I sued him today. I will take this as long and as far as it needs to go. This isn't about money. Its about principle and I'm going to teach him a lesson he will never forget.

obrules15
04-28-2008, 20:42
If someone cheated you out of $2250 I think you'd be pissed too. Secondly, the credit card only refunds within 30 days of a bad transaction but my point is this: This is dishonest and illegal. He told me point blank on the phone he would refund it and he made no effort to do it (for 6 months). He is a liar. The reason he tells you to get it from the CC is because it comes out of their pocket and he keeps the money he originally charged. Its a scam.

If you take someone's money via credit card and provide nothing in return its the same as mugging someone on the street for 2k at gun point.

Oh and just so you know, he lives in a castle of a home worth more than $1 million USD. Feel bad for him now?

I sued him today. I will take this as long and as far as it needs to go. This isn't about money. Its about principle and I'm going to teach him a lesson he will never forget.

There is no time limit on the credit card companies if you have a decent credit card and you didn't get your merchandise, I have been in that situation before and I handled it differently. I still get the creeps from your posts. Sorry.

mehranm3
04-29-2008, 13:37
Well, I don't know what to tell you except that you're wrong on the credit card issue because I've called personally. I wouldn't waste time and effort on this otherwise. Like you said in your post...not all credit cards are created equal. If I had used an AMEX Platinum card instead of a regular Visa then yeah maybe there is extra protection built in. I would not advise other buyers on this board to count on that unless its a last resort and you know for certain that you have added protection. I could have challenged it within 30 days but I called Richard and spoke to him and told me he would refund it immediately. I had no reason to believe he was lying.

But in any case, if dishonest business practices and lying don't offend your morales and you're more concerned about feeling "creepy" from anonymous posts then I don't what to say. Your personal feelings are fine and your entitled to any opinion but I don't really see how its relevant to a forum on vendor complaints and problems.

If someone cheated you out of $2250 I think you'd be pissed too. Secondly, the credit card only refunds within 30 days of a bad transaction but my point is this: This is dishonest and illegal. He told m, e point blank on the phone he would refund it and he made no effort to do it (for 6 months). He is a liar. The reason he tells you to get it from the CC is because it comes out of their pocket and he keeps the money he originally charged. Its a scam.

There is no time limit on the credit card companies if you have a decent credit card and you didn't get your merchandise, I have been in that situation before and I handled it differently. I still get the creeps from your posts. Sorry.

elijahb
05-01-2008, 14:35
I will ask what gear they have instock before I order.

mike_s
05-01-2008, 14:41
I will ask what gear they have instock before I order.

ask who?

my understanding is Dive Tank is no longer....