PDA

View Full Version : The Myth of the Woman's Restroom Line

DollFin
02-11-2008, 18:55
Why do guys think that the reason the lines are always longer for the ladies' room is because we are lounging about, doing makeup, gossiping etc in there? That is totally WRONG! Even if we do end up touching up our hair and make up or conversing, that is NOT what causes the line - the line is for the toilets, pure and simple! It just takes us longer to go than it does you guys because we do not have the convience of "outdoor plumbing" and, depending on the formallity of the event, we have to deal with things like pantyhose and other complicated undergarments. Trust me fellas, when we finally get in that stall, we are not relaxing. We want to do our business and get out there as quickly as possible. The hair and makeup is done AFTER we are out of the stall and does not, in any way shape or form, affect the wait time for getting into a stall. Am I right, gals??

Suther2136
02-11-2008, 19:44
We don't think that at all. We just think you're slow!!!

I was in San Antonio with my wife a few years back on the river walk and we both had to go. Unbelievably there was a line for both rooms. A lady next to my wife spouted off how good it was that we had to wait too. I told her that I would be in and out before they go across the threshold of the door. They laughed...I walked out a few minutes latter, they were still outside the door. Slow, slow, slow!

CompuDude
02-11-2008, 20:28
Agreed. I knew it wasn't makeup, it was pure speed. Women wearing mini skirts often (but not always) take just as long. Not really the women's fault, as the anatomy just isn't designed for expediency. The fashion industry doesn't help matters, either. Way too many "features" on womens clothing that require compromises no man would be willing to put up with.

Damselfish
02-11-2008, 20:39
Way too many "features" on womens clothing that require compromises no man would be willing to put up with.
and you have to deal with them while "hovering"...

Osprey
02-11-2008, 21:08
I don't wear makeup, use hair product, wear fancy clothing (indeed, it all had holes and is speckled with paint and printmaking ink!).. yet I too have to suffer the line.

Here is what I don't get, as a woman mind you, how some ladies get wizz ALL OVER the stall??? Example, I went out to dinner with a friend the other week. There were 3 stalls. One was occupied, my buddy took the other, the third was out of TP.. drat! Ok, so I wait. The other woman leaves and rushes out of the bathroom... without washing her hands (EEEWWWWW hepatitis for all!!!!!). I walk inside and it looks like a 2 year old boy learning how to aim for the bowl the first time. And failing with every last drop

HOW????

ScubaJW
02-11-2008, 21:36
Why do guys think that the reason the lines are always longer for the ladies' room is because we are lounging about, doing makeup, gossiping etc in there? That is totally WRONG! Even if we do end up touching up our hair and make up or conversing, that is NOT what causes the line - the line is for the toilets, pure and simple! It just takes us longer to go than it does you guys because we do not have the convience of "outdoor plumbing" and, depending on the formallity of the event, we have to deal with things like pantyhose and other complicated undergarments. Trust me fellas, when we finally get in that stall, we are not relaxing. We want to do our business and get out there as quickly as possible. The hair and makeup is done AFTER we are out of the stall and does not, in any way shape or form, affect the wait time for getting into a stall. Am I right, gals??

That's right!!!

Foo2
02-12-2008, 10:53
I don't wear makeup, use hair product, wear fancy clothing (indeed, it all had holes and is speckled with paint and printmaking ink!).. yet I too have to suffer the line.

Here is what I don't get, as a woman mind you, how some ladies get wizz ALL OVER the stall??? Example, I went out to dinner with a friend the other week. There were 3 stalls. One was occupied, my buddy took the other, the third was out of TP.. drat! Ok, so I wait. The other woman leaves and rushes out of the bathroom... without washing her hands (EEEWWWWW hepatitis for all!!!!!). I walk inside and it looks like a 2 year old boy learning how to aim for the bowl the first time. And failing with every last drop

HOW????

She hasn't mastered the hover technique. It's quite complexed and not just anyone can do it. I myself am a master and dare I say have better aim than most men. Did I just admit that on the internet for everyone and the dog to see?:smiley5:

hoobascooba
02-12-2008, 10:54
my 9 yr old daughter has a fettish for public restrooms, I have no idea why.

I don't think she even knows why either...

Suther2136
02-12-2008, 11:43

HOW????

She hasn't mastered the hover technique. It's quite complexed and not just anyone can do it. I myself am a master and dare I say have better aim than most men. Did I just admit that on the internet for everyone and the dog to see?:smiley5:

Both of these blow my mind! I picture the ladies room as a pristine place with dry floors and clean seats. That's really sad. I could understand the line based on view of a clean place. There's no reason to go slow if all pee like men!

Osprey
02-12-2008, 14:32
Foo- maybe it was her first time or something, it was like a pee-bomb went off! LOL!! Good on you for being a living hovercraft, it surely, surely beats having to tread lightly around the restroom (UGH!)

Suther- there are SOME bathrooms that are just like that! I've been inside some bathrooms complete with super padded chairs and a table outside the actual stall-area. They are really.. something.. lol

MSilvia
02-12-2008, 14:34
I always thought the line was there because women can only go to the restroom in groups of three or more. ;)

WAHMof2
02-13-2008, 10:44
I always thought the line was there because women can only go to the restroom in groups of three or more. ;)

Nope, another myth. :smiley36:

Foo2
02-13-2008, 10:50
Foo- maybe it was her first time or something, it was like a pee-bomb went off! LOL!! Good on you for being a living hovercraft, it surely, surely beats having to tread lightly around the restroom (UGH!)

I REFUSE to sit on any toilet but my own. It grosses me out in ways I can't even describe.:smiley11::smiley11::smiley11: The running joke at my house is: There may be dishes all in the sink, toys all over the floor, and dirty clothes piled up to my ears....but you will ALWAYS find a clean bathroom.:smiley2:

Grizbear98
02-13-2008, 11:02
women's bathrooms are by far the most disgusting things I've ever been in. I went to a public one at a waterpark, and thought I was going to contract an STD from the seat.

mark44883
02-13-2008, 11:43
what ever happen to them paper sit covers

Foo2
02-13-2008, 12:11
what ever happen to them paper sit covers

There's not enough paper in the world for me. :smiley36: This is a classic poem from women's bathroom stall walls:

There's no use standing on the seat.
The crabs in here can jump 6 feet.

There's no use going in the one next door.
The ones in there jump 6 foot four.

Suther2136
02-13-2008, 18:49
women's bathrooms are by far the most disgusting things I've ever been in. I went to a public one at a waterpark, and thought I was going to contract an STD from the seat.

Come on now... at a water park one should expect a wet seat. Just imagine what was in the water you were playing in......

pyre24
02-13-2008, 19:10
Ive seen a bathroom for women that had a room before that had a sofa, table, magazines, a tv and coffee. II think it was JCPenny. I remember thinking when I was a kid thats not fair. Ive seen some very nast restrooms, both men and women.

WAHMof2
02-13-2008, 19:13

Come on now... at a water park one should expect a wet seat. Just imagine what was in the water you were playing in......

I suppose the chlorine from the pool water would somewhat sanitize the toilet seat. Nahhh...I still ain't sittin' on 'em!

Suther2136
02-14-2008, 18:45

HOW????

The toilet is for amateurs, call us when you can write your name in the snow!!!!

Foo2
02-15-2008, 10:20

The toilet is for amateurs, call us when you can write your name in the snow!!!!
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:Thanks for the giggle Suther!

Suther2136
02-15-2008, 11:33
I knew that would get a reply. Thanks for being a good sport.

scubastud
11-01-2010, 10:01

According to the movies, it's cause of all the lines of coke you gals do.

dawnvip
11-01-2010, 12:54
I think we should get the same toilets as they have in Japan! There is a sanitary ring that rotates around the seat so every time you flush you get a fresh sit. Then to same toilet plays music so the person in the next cubicle can't hear what you're doing and you can't hear them. As well, there is a bidet built into each toilet so you get a nice rinse (front and back if required) and a blow dry. You can even regulate the water pressure and temperature on the bidet.

The only problem with this is that if it were here, we would have waaaaay longer line ups to deal with!

Diver Kat
11-01-2010, 13:06
Too funny! I've seen the ones with the sanitary cover that changes with each flush, but never any of the other high tech stuff you listed. Just the learning curve for some people would double & triple the wait times! (Let alone those of us just wanting to test every feature! LOL!!!):smiley36:

ontheheap
11-01-2010, 14:45
After listening to my wife complain, I have to beleive that somehow miraculously the mens room is cleaner than the womens room! My wife is always telling about pee on the seat, floor, and period products that were thrown on the floor.

SEMO Scuba
11-01-2010, 19:52
I managed a restaurant 25 years ago. I can attest that the ladies restroom is much more of a pig sty than the men's room.

snagel
11-02-2010, 05:47
Never would have thought it from the ladies. At my work, we have way more problems in the ladies bathrooms. The other day my assistant came to me with a sign she wanted to put in all the stalls in the ladies bathroom that said, "Please put everything in the toilet and not on the floor". She then took me into the ladies restroom to see what they have to put up with.

EEEEuuuuhhh.....toilet paper all over the floor, pee all over everything, and crap on the floor. I said something about we had a problem with somebody and my assistant told me it is like this all the time....the crap on the floor? Yes, she said.

Snagel

scubastud
11-02-2010, 07:56
Been a while since I have been there ... does Japan now have toilet seats, or does one still squat?

dawnvip
11-02-2010, 09:57
Been a while since I have been there ... does Japan now have toilet seats, or does one still squat?

I have seen both. In the big cities and at the airports, there are mostly the "western" style toilets with all the fancy gizmos. I even saw some that had a sink as the tank lid, so your hand-washing became the next flush. Pretty good for saving water but you've got to straddle the toilet to wash.

In the smaller, outlying areas I saw both western and squat type toilets. Nothing wrong with the squat type once you get the hang of it. The hardest part was trying to aim over a squat toilet while swaying back and forth on a moving train!! :smiley29:

TJDiver
11-02-2010, 11:13
I have seen both. In the big cities and at the airports, there are mostly the "western" style toilets with all the fancy gizmos. I even saw some that had a sink as the tank lid, so your hand-washing became the next flush. Pretty good for saving water but you've got to straddle the toilet to wash.

In the smaller, outlying areas I saw both western and squat type toilets. Nothing wrong with the squat type once you get the hang of it. The hardest part was trying to aim over a squat toilet while swaying back and forth on a moving train!! :smiley29:

That reminds me of trying to whiz in a stall at the airport after coming off a week on something like Blackbeard's, or other small'ish liveaboards...still got your sea legs, and almost bouncing off the walls because your mind is still trying to compensate for the boat rocking. But hey...I like a challenge. :smiley36:

alpha
11-02-2010, 11:20
Amusing thread from Feb. 2008

Curious Scubastud on search criteria used yesterday...

Was it in search for:::

1. Dollfins hot leg pics?
2. Foo's mastery of the "Hoover Technique"?
3. Foo's unequalled skills:::I myself am a master and dare I say have better aim than most men.
4. Suther's statements:::The toilet is for amateurs, call us when you can write your name in the snow!!!!
5. Dollfins statements on::: Lady's room, lounging, hair, make-up, pantyhose, and to do business?

or
6. Just dumb blind luck..............................................

scubagirlj
11-04-2010, 16:42
really gross flashbacks to restrooms on the auto train-sooo glad the porter (that creepily watched me sleep) was nice enough to give me plasticlike gloves to wear everything i had to "go"

scubastud
11-04-2010, 17:48
OH poop.. I don't remember.

Zeagle Eagle
11-04-2010, 18:58
I think we should get the same toilets as they have in Japan! There is a sanitary ring that rotates around the seat so every time you flush you get a fresh sit. Then to same toilet plays music so the person in the next cubicle can't hear what you're doing and you can't hear them. As well, there is a bidet built into each toilet so you get a nice rinse (front and back if required) and a blow dry. You can even regulate the water pressure and temperature on the bidet.

The only problem with this is that if it were here, we would have waaaaay longer line ups to deal with!

Just remember to sit BEFORE you push the spray button.

cgvmer
11-04-2010, 20:03
Very odd conversation

navyhmc
11-04-2010, 20:34
Very odd conversation

Starting to move the TMI meter a little...

TJDiver
11-05-2010, 07:17
Starting to move the TMI meter a little...

A little? :smiley36:

scubagirlj
11-05-2010, 07:31
it IS the womens section guys-there is no such thing as TMI between GFs

navyhmc
11-05-2010, 20:23
That's not what I heard SGJ. I was told once that there are taboo subjects, even between GF's. The source will remain anonymous for reasosn of personal safety

Foo2
11-05-2010, 23:05
The source will remain anonymous for reasosn of personal safety
Navy, Splitlip doesn't count as a "source". :D

Diver Kat
11-05-2010, 23:19

Ha ha ha ha!!! Has Split's alter-ego Tina been at it again????? :smilie39: :smilie39:

scubagirlj
11-06-2010, 07:27
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: