PDA

View Full Version : Mares MC2 / IRIS download question

robjoubert
02-11-2008, 23:54
Hi all,

can anyone please tell me how quickly does irishd@farinaperseu.com respond to emails?

Last night,I tried to download my dive data (for the first time) from my MC2 and I got this message:
[M.DM.DP] Error Detail:
L = '0' - Error n. [0] -
DI = '0'
DP = '51'
I - '0'
AP = '0'
UP = '30000'

I am using Vista Home Premium desktop, I.R.I.S. 2.3 on an USB connection.

I tried three time and got this message three times

cbope
02-12-2008, 12:29
Hi all,

can anyone please tell me how quickly does irishd@farinaperseu.com respond to emails?

Last night,I tried to download my dive data (for the first time) from my MC2 and I got this message:
[M.DM.DP] Error Detail:
L = '0' - Error n. [0] -
DI = '0'
DP = '51'
I - '0'
AP = '0'
UP = '30000'

Is Vista supported by your MC2 and its software? Don't assume that it's supported in Vista just because it supports XP (or any other Windows version). Believe me, Vista is a different animal, especially when it comes to drivers and hardware compatibility with external devices. You may need a newer software version and/or driver updates. Note that I haven't checked this from Mares' website.

I speak from experience... I manage software development for a medical imaging company.

NitroWill
02-12-2008, 12:59
Maybe this will help:

Solution for DRAK and IRIS on Windows Vista (http://glfp.homeip.net/irissupport/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=15)

robjoubert
02-12-2008, 18:41
Thanks NW - that is the link I was given on the "other" board (the one I go to when ST doesn't have an answer for me!!!)

I am going to load the IRIS software onto my work laptop (which is XP) and see if it works - and then play with Vista when I have the time & the patience for it!!!

cbope
02-13-2008, 12:56
Thanks NW - that is the link I was given on the "other" board (the one I go to when ST doesn't have an answer for me!!!)

I am going to load the IRIS software onto my work laptop (which is XP) and see if it works - and then play with Vista when I have the time & the patience for it!!!

Good luck with the patience part... my solution, I avoid Vista like the plague.

robjoubert
02-13-2008, 14:04
Last night I loaded the software onto the XP laptop, figured out which port the USB was using and I have my dive data downloaded

ferrugia
05-27-2008, 16:46
I would Google the error code -- if it's a security issue in Vista you can probably just set it to run as Administrator or make it run in compatibility mode.

Hi all,

[M.DM.DP] Error Detail:
L = '0' - Error n. [0] -
DI = '0'
DP = '51'
I - '0'
AP = '0'
UP = '30000'

BoomerNJ
10-09-2008, 11:47
Last night I loaded the software onto the XP laptop, figured out which port the USB was using and I have my dive data downloaded

I can't get the IRIS to work on my PC either. I use Windows XP also... Which port was yours using? Thanks!