PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Channel Shark Week

Bill22
07-29-2007, 16:41
Here's a link to some cool clips: http://tv.yahoo.com/ocean-of-fear-worst-shark-attack-ever/show/42064/videos/3463719

Wasn't sure where to post it :-?

paintballindivr
07-29-2007, 19:15
this is a divers dream week if hes stuck at work

kevinj1
07-29-2007, 21:43
It Started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TxHockeyGuy
07-30-2007, 09:47
I look forward to shark week every year. Every year I am also amazed at some of these divers who are diving without a cage around some of these sharks too (especially the bulls).

Ruminari
07-30-2007, 20:24
Gotta love shark week. The only thing that I don't like about it is how they have moved, in the past few years, to making sharks histeria even worse with all the shark attack documentaries. Common Discovery lets learn about the actual sharks and not about the attacks.

cutter77
07-31-2007, 00:27
The Sinking of the USS Indianapolis (First Night)
I thought it was interesting that the ship's doctor said that very few of the live men suffered shark bites. Also, some of the groups never even saw any.

thesmoothdome
07-31-2007, 00:32
Ocean of Fear was awesome. It was shocking that so many people developed an every man for himself attitude. You want to think that in the worst situation man steps up for man, but that obviously wasn't the case in a lot of circumstances. Even so, it's hard to find fault in anyone's actions when all they're trying to do is survive.

thor
08-05-2007, 22:33
Gotta love shark week. The only thing that I don't like about it is how they have moved, in the past few years, to making sharks histeria even worse with all the shark attack documentaries. Common Discovery lets learn about the actual sharks and not about the attacks.

I agree. It has become very sensational. The whole feeding frenzy show where they were throwing whole turkeys and hams into the ocean was a bit much. (Although it made me hungry)

It looks like all of the broadcast are now on HD On Demand. Very cool in HD.

Osprey
08-06-2007, 16:35
I wasn't terribly impressed this year. It seemed the most they focused on were A) what sharks bite the worst and B) breaching great whites. Granted both are interesting, but come on.. a whole week can fit in some variety :(

3rdEye
08-06-2007, 17:06
i really liked the one with the guy who put the sharks in tonic....thought it was really cool.

his goal was to tonic a great white....and he ended up holding onto one's dorsal fin and taking a long ride with it.....very cool

i would have liked to have seen less about shark attacks and such, and more diversity in the species of sharks they focused on....seemed everything was about whites and tigers...

thesmoothdome
08-06-2007, 17:08
Shark Week again served it's purpose. I received a frantic call from my mother, who screeched that I had to get rid of my yellow Bare Brigade wetsuit because sharks are attracted to yellow. I told her that I'm going paint all my gear yellow just to spite her. I love shark week.