PDA

View Full Version : Links instead of uploading

Centerius
07-29-2007, 18:24
What should we do if we have pictures on another account (such as photobucket), and want to add them to the gallery? As I start acquiring more and more pictures, I'd rather not upload them to multiple places. :smiley24:

Venio
07-29-2007, 18:46
You need to go to your User CP and change the editing setting in Options to Standard editor. Then you'll see a small yellow icon on the upper right side of the reply window. Put the URL of your picture in the window that will pop up once you click on that icon.

Centerius
07-29-2007, 18:52
You need to go to your User CP and change the editing setting in Options to Standard editor. Then you'll see a small yellow icon on the upper right side of the reply window. Put the URL of your picture in the window that will pop up once you click on that icon.

Oh no, I know how to insert pictures into a thread. I'm asking about the photo gallery. For example, if I wanted to add pictures to the "Surface Shots" gallery here (http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=4&userid=), my only option is to upload the picture (I'd like a "link" option).

ScubaToys Larry
07-29-2007, 18:59
If you have them all in a file on your computer - you can zip them up and email them to me and we can toss them up all at once. I don't think there is any other way as the pictures are stored on the server - but I sent a PM to Tommy... If anyone knows... he will.

TommyB
07-29-2007, 19:14

Oh no, I know how to insert pictures into a thread. I'm asking about the photo gallery. For example, if I wanted to add pictures to the "Surface Shots" gallery here (http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=4&userid=), my only option is to upload the picture (I'd like a "link" option).

Gallery is for uploading-
There is no link option.
Pics are either stored on our FS, or in the DB- depending on what I set the storage engine as-

You can upload 10 pics at a time btw..

Venio
07-29-2007, 20:12

Ops, my bad! Well in this case you may download the pics in a temporary folder from wherever you have them now and then upload them in the ST gallery.

Hope that will help!

Centerius
07-30-2007, 09:08
Thanks. I thought that would be the case.