PDA

View Full Version : CDNN, what is is good for?

rfb3
02-13-2008, 16:33
Does this bother any of you? I occasionally go to CDNN to check out their stories... But they never seem to follow up on the results. Its like a Lessons for Life, without the lesson. I want to hear about the final cause/reason for these events so that I can learn from them.

I like their site, but wish they'd give more info after the fact that we can use. Otherwise its kinda depressing reading about all the deaths.

Scuba Diving News :: CDNN - Cyber Diver News Network (http://www.cdnn.info/)

MSilvia
02-13-2008, 16:48
In my opinion, they're not good for much. The site has a well deserved reputation for misinformation, plagirism, and persuing personal vendettas, none of which qualify it as a place worth visiting even once in a while in my book. Underwater times is a much better source for diving news online.

rfb3
02-13-2008, 16:50
Well, I guess that doesn't surprise me. It almost seems as though its a anti-diving web site... Report the deaths and accidents, but don't report root causes, etc...

ianr33
02-13-2008, 16:53
Its pretty much the National Enquirer of the diving world.

Scubaboard ****'s out CDNN for what its worth.

mike_s
02-13-2008, 17:09
In my opinion, they're not good for much. The site has a well deserved reputation for misinformation, plagirism, and persuing personal vendettas, none of which qualify it as a place worth visiting even once in a while in my book. Underwater times is a much better source for diving news online.

You hit it on the head. Misinformation, plagirism, and persuing personal vendettas is most of what CDNN is about.

It's not worth reading and you can't believe most of what's there.

mitchy
02-13-2008, 19:41
CDNN Cyber Diver News Network Exposed (http://www.divepoll.com/)

'nuff said.

KGNickl
02-13-2008, 23:59

+1

and just like the national enquirer, everyone takes a peek at it every once in a while :smiley2:

navyhmc
02-14-2008, 01:33
I can honestly say that I've not perused CDNN. They inundated me a couple years ago with a bunch of crap emails after I got one "we know you dive so here's our pay site" email and I tried to unsubscribe and got only more and more crap from other sources with the "unique code" I included in the unsub email to them. Most of which were for either online gambling-which I don't do-or Pron sites-which really pissed me and my wife off.

What i will do is if I get unsolicited emails that I want to unsubscribe I will make a change in my name such as bib instead of bob and don't use it again. If I start getting emails to Bib navyhmc, I know where it came from.

From what I've read since, CDNN will not get any hits because of me.

DarinMartell
02-14-2008, 07:03

+1

and just like the national enquirer, everyone takes a peek at it every once in a while :smiley2:

I can honestly say I have never went there. Luckily I found this board first and read what they have done. I will not help them with their advertisers by increasing their hit count.

rfb3
02-14-2008, 08:52
Wow! I almost did not post my initial message, thinking it was just me... Glad I did now!

mm_dm
02-14-2008, 09:17
Wow! I almost did not post my initial message, thinking it was just me... Glad I did now!

No, it's not you. They suck.

cummings66
02-14-2008, 09:19
If it wasn't for the bad reporting they do, they'd still be a poor excuse for a board/service/whatever they call themselves.

Nothing much good ever came from them as far as I can tell.

fire diver
02-14-2008, 17:17
From what I gathered about them from the decostop, the owner of C D N N has been sued multiple times. Every time they pop back up on a new server. Thier "advertisers" aren't . Almost all the ads are cut and pastes. Many of the big companies listed were contacted and they had no dealing with that website at all.

FD

CaptainRon
02-14-2008, 18:25
Well, I guess that doesn't surprise me. It almost seems as though its a anti-diving web site... Report the deaths and accidents, but don't report root causes, etc...

They usually conclude the cause of any diving accident is because diving is an evil sport and anyone who engages in it is mentally unbalanced and will surely die. :smiley2:

UCFKnightDiver
02-14-2008, 20:42
CDNN Good god what is it good for? absolutely nothing say it again

:)

navyhmc
02-14-2008, 21:38
Awww rox@ucf11, you beat me to it... :( :D

pyre24
02-17-2008, 21:56
I can honestly say that I've not perused CDNN. They inundated me a couple years ago with a bunch of crap emails after I got one "we know you dive so here's our pay site" email and I tried to unsubscribe and got only more and more crap from other sources with the "unique code" I included in the unsub email to them. Most of which were for either online gambling-which I don't do-or Pron sites-which really pissed me and my wife off.

What i will do is if I get unsolicited emails that I want to unsubscribe I will make a change in my name such as bib instead of bob and don't use it again. If I start getting emails to Bib navyhmc, I know where it came from.

From what I've read since, CDNN will not get any hits because of me.
I hate it when they do that. I opened a new email awhile back and had to sign up on a website. Next thing carp emails, when to unsubscribe, big mistake. That told them it was a valid email address, then it really got nailed with spam. It is now my spam account.