PDA

View Full Version : Saturday at the zoo

fire diver
07-29-2007, 19:18
The family went to the OKC zoo last Saturday since our lakes are still pretty crappy from the floods. Went to the "fins and feathers show" It was quite an intersting show. In the last part of the show, a juevenile, 300 pound sea lion decided to do his own thing. He left out of the pool, over the rail, and tried to go into the crowd. He seemed quite agitated about something. I was impressed by what I saw. The trainer ( a female who was quite outmatched in weight) kept herself between the sea lion and the front row of patrons, inches away. Nobody screamed, jumped, ran, or did any of the other no-no's that might set the animal off worse.

After a few minutes the trainers coaxed the animal out through a door leading back to the habitat area. I don't know if many people realized how much danger they were in. They all seemed pretty calm about it. Just goes to show, even "trained" animals are still wild.

FD

paintballindivr
07-29-2007, 19:54
sounds like to me some of the people thought it was part of the show

DUnder
07-30-2007, 07:52
no matter how tame they may seem, they still are wild animals and will do unexpected things. alot of people seem to forget that.

Moxie
07-30-2007, 08:55
No matter how tame we "think" they are, it only takes one misstep for someone to get hurt. All wild animals deserve respect.

Black-Gorrilla
07-30-2007, 12:44
Just goes to show, even "trained" animals are still wild.

FD

siegfried and roy... TRAINED TIGER... bit one of them in the neck and dregged him off stage.... good thing it was a TRAINED tiger.. other wise he might have started eating in front of the crowd.