PDA

View Full Version : IQ700 Computer

kancho
02-15-2008, 08:21
Anyone has the problem when the water temp reaches 33 to 35 F the computer fails? I had that happen to me 2 out of 3 times now. I have talked to larry via email and was told it has to be sent in. The computer should be similar to the diverite and zeagle one.

berick
02-15-2008, 09:09
I've never been that cold. Just looked at the manual and it says operating range is 23F - 104F; however, it does say that the display will be "dim" at colder temperatures. I wonder if dim means non-visible?

kancho
02-15-2008, 09:42
Dim would be ok but it doesn't even log the dive. I can see the no's it just tells me what time it is haha.. It becomes a watch..

berick
02-16-2008, 11:24
I'd send it in. Obviously not much good if it doesn't log the dive.

texdiveguy
02-16-2008, 11:33
Never had those issues with cold water and the unit failing....must be a issue specific to yours. Hope you get it resolved soon.

navyhmc
02-16-2008, 11:42
Sounds like your computer suffers from MDR. Mammilian Diving Reflex...I'd get a hold of TUSA, especially if the temp range is supposed to be 23f to 104f.

divingchef
02-18-2008, 21:42
cool that you ask..i have had a similar problem, only different....I bought two iq700 last nov. for myself and my wife......one is perfect, but after 10 dives my wife's began to register 20 to 30 degress colder water temp than real. this of course affects the calcs in the compu.....I communicated with Joe at ST and with TUSA directly....."send it back!" so I did! now we have a brand new to work with.....weird flaw.....I hope it goes better now.....

texdiveguy
02-18-2008, 22:33
cool that you ask..i have had a similar problem, only different....I bought two iq700 last nov. for myself and my wife......one is perfect, but after 10 dives my wife's began to register 20 to 30 degress colder water temp than real. this of course affects the calcs in the compu.....I communicated with Joe at ST and with TUSA directly....."send it back!" so I did! now we have a brand new to work with.....weird flaw.....I hope it goes better now.....

Awesome!!!

kancho
02-25-2008, 11:08
last weekend I did 3 ice dives and it just logged 1 of the 3.. It is going back.. Now I have to buy or rent a console till i get it back. That sucks..

texdiveguy
02-25-2008, 11:17
last weekend I did 3 ice dives and it just logged 1 of the 3.. It is going back.. Now I have to buy or rent a console till i get it back. That sucks..

If you purchased it from a LDS I bet they will loan you one at no cost while getting yours taken care of....if you bought over the internet your screwed with that option.

berick
02-25-2008, 11:17
Why send back the whole console? Just send back the computer and rent a wrist computer. The computer will come right out of the console. Just use something blunt like a butter knife and gently pry it out of the boot. You may find you like a wrist computer better after trying one. I wear both a wrist and a console computer for backup. I had a computer fail on me one time without a backup depth gage so I'll never let that happen again.

kancho
02-25-2008, 12:53
I bought it from ST. I can do that. Since I bought it as a unit, i thought i had to return it as a unit. I have a depth/bottom timer on my wrist. I will check with ST if I can just return the comp. portion of the console.

buddylee9898
05-18-2008, 14:34
I have recently bought this computer too and used in the cold waters of long Island without an issue, so it does work, possibly just a defected one?

LRDWILDER
02-11-2009, 06:13
Yikes....If I were the computer I would stop working under ice as well!!!! Its torture ;-)