PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Stickers

DarinMartell
02-15-2008, 09:33
I like momentos of were I've been. I love the look of the old fashioned suitcases whith bumper stickers all over them. I get stickers from anywhere I go. Where can I put them that will last? I love the idea of putting them on tanks but they are gone at the next vis. I thought of covering my big rubbermade box I use to cart my gear but it is slightly textured and they do not stay "stuck".

My wife won't let me put them all on my car :smiley19:, which I find funny ever since I saw a cartoon of a woman not allowing a bumper sticker on her car while at the same time you could see the "tramp stamp" peaking up over the back of her jeans :smiley36:.

If you collect stickers from your travels where do they go?

MicahEW
02-15-2008, 09:43
Rubbermaid plastic is pretty inert not much will bond to it. If you are not oppose to the extra efort locktite makes a plastic glue and you could even leave the backs of the stickers on incas you wanted to use them elsewhere. just put some glue on the sticker backing and put it on the container and smooth it on. I have all my stickers on my laptop because I always take the laptop.

Queen
02-15-2008, 09:45
My dad always collected stickers to put on the side window of our VW mini bus, once it was sold he realized the error of that so he had a sheet of plexiglas cut that he hung up in the bar in our basement (it was the 70's :D) and he put the stickers there. It was nice to look at and remember all the places we'd been.

DarinMartell
02-15-2008, 09:47
cool, would Home Depot carry this or is it a specialty product?

MicahEW
02-15-2008, 10:07
the plexglass? or the plastic glue? the home depot would have both if referring to the glue DONT get the 2 part epoxy. If HD doesnt have the LOCKTITE plastic glue Walmart will.

Crimediver
02-15-2008, 10:15
I had been putting a bunch of dive stickers from my travels on a Pelican case I have been traveling with for the past 25 years. I screwed up the case and sent it back this week for warranty replacement and I won't see my stickers ever again. Bummed me out a bit...

Queen
02-15-2008, 10:26
Another thing my dad got in the habit of doing...buy two stickers from each place, that way when one gets messed up you'll have a spare.

Think
02-15-2008, 10:40
I always try to pick up a shot glass and if it's real exotic a license plate if I can find one.

MicahEW
02-15-2008, 10:44
I used to do the shotglass thing. Does anyone still collect spoons????

pyre24
02-15-2008, 12:36
Ill be collecting patches if possible. And maybe not a bumper sticker, but a smaller sticker.

MSilvia
02-15-2008, 13:15
I collect patches from places I've travelled to, and I sew them onto my travel backpack.

CompuDude
02-15-2008, 13:41
Pelican case for me as well. Both my can light and camera gear live in them, and they're pretty well covered. Makes them easier to pick out among a group of generic black Pelican cases, too.

BeachBunnyCrissy
02-15-2008, 23:22
I collect patches from places I've travelled to, and I sew them onto my travel backpack.

Thats a great idea... I have been wanting a DAN bag and what better to put on it than patches! Thanks!

dallasdivergirl
02-15-2008, 23:46
I have patches on my backpack from all over and I usually pick up a rock from places.

my louve rock is next to my tower of london rock next to my taos rock.