PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle 911 BC

axeman207
02-15-2008, 11:08
Am I the only one who ownes a Zeagle 911 BC? Never hear anyone else talking aobut thier 911. Just curious.....

Specmac
02-17-2008, 08:46
First of all. I think many are not familiar with the 911. It's very similar to a Ranger but with a 65lbs wing instead of the 44lbs wing. My dive buddy dives one and loves his setup. I think for most people the 65lbs wing seems like overkill. But if you dive cold water in a drysuit and wear a large still tank. The added lift my be necessary in a rescue situation (e.g bringing up another drysuit diver). I've seen lots of folks questioning the need for a 65lbs wing for singles. Bottom line there are gear setups and situations where this is appropriate.

I dive a brigade, but I'm fairly light weight and dive a steal 100 in a drysuit. For me the 35lbs lift is plenty. But for my dive buddy's weight and setup 65lbs is not overkill.

This BC was designed for public safety divers and again it's appropriate for the setup and situation those divers are put in. It's also just as appropriate for certain situations in recreational diving.

scubasavvy
03-30-2008, 22:07
Isn't the Tech the same thing? I swear it's the same BCD minus the helicopter harness and the 911 patch in the corner...

DOWNDEEP73
04-25-2008, 14:00
I own a Zeagle 911. I was looking at buying the Ranger.
When another diver that I know, told me he had to quit diving due to heart issues. He sold me his 911 for $300 bucks and it looks and operates like new. The 65lb. bladder is an overkill for me, but I have adjusted to it very well. I just do not inflate it all the way on the surface or i'd be blowing bubbles with my face in the water.

$300 bucks......can you blame me for buying it!