PDA

View Full Version : Our World Under Water

skdvr
02-16-2008, 20:31
My wife and I just got back from Our World Underwater (http://www.ourworldunderwater.com/) and it was pretty cool. All we did was walk around the booths. We were just up there for the afternoon so we did not do any of the seminars. There was a TON of travel places there, so if you were looking to plan your next trip it was good, but for me who does not do the extravagant trips I could have done without all that. It was kind of neat to talk to the reps from different manufactures about why their products are the best :smiley29:. It was fun and I would love to do it again sometime and stay the weekend to do some of the seminars and see some of the videos.

Phil

WAHMof2
02-16-2008, 21:20
I'll bet that was cool. It is amazing how every gear manufacturer makes the best stuff. That should make it easy to buy gear, but unfortunately it doesn't.
:smiley36:

DarinMartell
02-16-2008, 21:51
I did it last night, very cool! I had my boys and wife with me so I could not really spend as much time as I could looking at equipment. I did talk to a guy that was selling 0-rings for $150.... with a free AL80 with every purchase! (They did not allow tank sales at the show so this is how he got around it). I did fill out about two dozen entries for free trips. My favorite was a guy from St. Croix. Instead of having to fill out a little blank form he handed me a little bottle of rum, told me to go home, pour myself a drink, check out the website, and enter in the code on the bottle to see if I won a trip. Very cool marketing gimmick!

KGNickl
02-16-2008, 21:55
I would have liked to go. Too bad it didn't take place in St. Louis. Chicago is just too far to drive. Especially knowing the track record of St. Louis and Chicago weather this time of the year.

newways
02-16-2008, 22:05
I enjoyed it. Came home with a hefty bag of toilet reading material and cool catalogs to look at while in flight to Jamaica on friday.

skdvr
02-16-2008, 22:25
I enjoyed it. Came home with a hefty bag of toilet reading

:smiley20: Me too....

I love jamaica, where are you going to?

Have fun.

Phil

wjsdive
02-16-2008, 23:08
Try the seminars and Film festivals if you get a chance, they are well worth the money. Some awesome images and video of all kinds of diving. Many presentations this year were about Great lakes diving.

skdvr
02-17-2008, 06:35
Try the seminars and Film festivals if you get a chance, they are well worth the money. Some awesome images and video of all kinds of diving. Many presentations this year were about Great lakes diving.

That is my plan for next year... I am glad to hear that they are worth the time and money...

Phil

DarinMartell
02-17-2008, 13:20
I am going to the Ghost Ships festival in WI next month. All do seminars with dozens of different topics at what look like a very good price.

Doug B
02-17-2008, 19:00
My normally dive buddy and I drove up to the show from Indianapolis. It's about 3.5 hour drive each way.

The show was a little smaller than I thought it would be. Seemed to be about 70% travel locations, and 30% manufacturers and sales. I picked up a lot of information.

I got an autographed poster from John and Ritchie... those guys are funny. They were joking around, talking to folks, having fun. Said they have a new book that is coming out soon, about the Titanic.

Wkndbum
02-17-2008, 19:14
My favorite was a guy from St. Croix. Instead of having to fill out a little blank form he handed me a little bottle of rum, told me to go home, pour myself a drink, check out the website, and enter in the code on the bottle to see if I won a trip. Very cool marketing gimmick!

Yea, that guy was there last year too. It took about 2 weeks last year to give away all the "Rum" prizes.

My wife & I got to the show @ 9am yesterday & made the rounds (picked up 3 sacks of info). We went back to the room, sorted thru the info, ate & then back to the show to see if we missed anything. (I think the St Croix guy was sampling his wares by afternoon) Would be nice to win one of the trips. My son won a week @ Anthonys Key a couple years ago.

pyre24
02-17-2008, 21:05
Yep, we got alot of reading materials also, a filled out a few forms. My son got a ton of those bright necklaces.