PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from South Carolina

l_w
07-30-2007, 12:15
Hello. My name is Joey Longworth, I'm currently in Summerville, South Carolina. I'm in the Navy stationed here and got PADI certified last fall while in the Middle East. I am Advanced Open Water and have made about 10-15 dives thus far. I'm new and trying to get started.... I went on to ScubaToys.com to buy a few things, was so impressed with the help I got and the service that I check back regularly now for new stuff.

I'm always looking for some place to dive here.... so if anyone is close by and wants to dive, let me know!!!!

Foo2
07-30-2007, 12:31
Welcome Joey! I am also new to diving (10 dives) Before long you will be coming to TX on your next leave so you can go to ST instead of visiting family! They're awesome!

divinandjeeps
07-30-2007, 21:48
Hey from Columbia...not real close but anytime you want to do some lake diving...let me know....I will also travel to warmer waters!! Have a safe day!!

Kathy

Moxie
07-30-2007, 22:14
Welcome to the boards. Happy diving!

HuntsDesk
12-01-2008, 14:59
Hello. My name is Joey Longworth, I'm currently in Summerville, South Carolina. I'm in the Navy stationed here and got PADI certified last fall while in the Middle East. I am Advanced Open Water and have made about 10-15 dives thus far. I'm new and trying to get started.... I went on to ScubaToys.com to buy a few things, was so impressed with the help I got and the service that I check back regularly now for new stuff.

I'm always looking for some place to dive here.... so if anyone is close by and wants to dive, let me know!!!!

Hey Joey,

I live in Charleston so I'm right around the corner from you. We should try to get together and do a dive sometime. Have you done anything out of Charleston yet? Send me a PM and I can tell you about some of the local diving if you havent done any.

- Hunter

HuntsDesk
12-01-2008, 15:01
Hey from Columbia...not real close but anytime you want to do some lake diving...let me know....I will also travel to warmer waters!! Have a safe day!!

Kathy

Hey Kathy,

Which lakes do you dive? How do you like doing the lake dives up around there? I live in Charleston.

Hunter

pebbles
02-03-2009, 17:58
Hello,
I just started diving myself. I have a little over 40 dives. My boyfriend got me started a year ago. I'm going to be visiting summerville South Carolina in April. Do you have any suggestions to any dive sites, and dive shops?

JCAT
02-03-2009, 19:19
Welcome to the board!

Always glad to see divers from South Carolina!!!!

Don't forget we have excellent diving in the UpState as well! :smiley20:

Bill22
02-05-2009, 22:18
Hi Joey and welcome to the board :) You were in Bahrain?

Martin2
02-06-2009, 08:00
Hello and welcome! Seems there are more of us in the Charleston area every day.

Straegen
02-06-2009, 09:05
Welcome.

Where do you guys dive out there in SC? I was talking to a friend who lives close to the coast and he was telling me you have to go several miles off the coast to get to the good diving spots.

teamsterdiver
02-06-2009, 11:18
I did some diving while on vacationing at Mertle Beach a couple of years ago. I went with a group of divers from Costal SCUBA. They seemed to be unprepared. I would try to find another dive shop if I returned. I got sea sick on the boat but once in the water I was fine.

Is it true that those waters off South Carolina are part of the Barmuda Triangle?