PDA

View Full Version : North Al dive Club?

St.jimmy
02-17-2008, 01:14
Is there one? Specifically, near sand mountain, but anywhere is fine.

St.jimmy
02-18-2008, 00:25
Bumpity-bump

mike_s
02-18-2008, 13:00
Is there one? Specifically, near sand mountain, but anywhere is fine.

There are two dive clubs in North Alabama.

One is SEAS which meets in Huntsville on the 2nd Thursday of each month at Landry's Seafood at 6:30pm. They usually have a speaker with something that is scuba related and most folks order dinner. Besides the meetings, they plan some trips and have some other gatherings. They aren't associated with any particular shop but support all in the area. For more info check out www.seasscuba.com (http://www.seasscuba.com) or give me a PM. Next meeting will be March 13. Check out the newsletter for the most recent up to date info about what's going on with that club.

Another is NNDC (No Name Dive Club) which meets in Decatur on typically the 3rd Tuesday of the month, although they seem to flip flop around their meeting times often.(they met on 2nd tuesday this past month for example). They don't have a webpage, but I think they have a myspace page, but I can't access that at work to search for you. They meet at Market Street Deli in Decatur. Same type format, meeting and trips. This started out as kinda a shop club for one of the local shops, but they quit meeting at the shop and now do things with supporting mutiple shops and it has grown a lot since.

One of the other shops has what is called "Monday night club", but it is pretty much a way of getting shop customers together about one night a month. They do a few snacks and just hang around the shop. They don't seem to meet every month, so it's kinda sporatic and done as a last minute meeting sometimes. But the few times I've been it's fun to get together with other divers.

BamaDiver
04-15-2008, 13:11
dive land park is closed.

bamadiver

mike_s
04-15-2008, 15:02
dive land park is closed.

bamadiver

actually, according to a thread on SB, someone called and got a message on their answering machine that they were opening in April.

(Now this could have been an old message from april of past years).