PDA

View Full Version : Fool's Gold

DollFin
02-17-2008, 01:29
I can't believe there's not a thread for this already (If there is it didn't come up when I searched for it). Anyone else see it? I just saw it and LOVED it!

fisheater
02-17-2008, 01:31
Just saw it and found it amusing, at best.

It was enjoyable, but pretty darned shallow and not all that funny. LIked the diving scenes, but kept wondering about the obvious product placement.

MLenyo
02-17-2008, 02:22
haven't seen it, but i might when it goes to the 3 dollar theatre.

i'll see most movies if they a) have scuba in them, or b) have japan in them. i'm drawn to tokyo for some reason..

also, fool's gold has 'message in a bottle' in the trailer, so that's a plus!

KGNickl
02-17-2008, 09:10
I might go see it sometime next week. First I gotta see American Gangster when its comes out on DVD Tuesday.

pyre24
02-17-2008, 09:59
I want to!!!

UCFKnightDiver
02-17-2008, 10:08
I saw it, it was pretty good

scubajane
02-17-2008, 14:19
interesting movie. I do wonder how Fin survived. Honestly... he had an anchor chained to his ankles and was dragged behind a power boat and then sank to the bottom and still had enough air to hop with the anchor and get to the gun and shoot the chain and miss his feet. what a man. Chuck Norris would be proud of him!! I will admit I am a sucker for underwater footage. Oh the guy being blasted out of the blow hole was carefully done (no body parts were wasted in the filming of this section). Big Bunny almost puking was a nice touch.

Clanggedin
02-17-2008, 15:18
I heard that it was one that you have to be paid to watch. I was going to see it, but it has horrible reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll wait until it's on Blue-Ray and rent it. That way I don't feel totally ripped off.

KGNickl
02-17-2008, 15:29
I heard that it was one that you have to be paid to watch. I was going to see it, but it has horrible reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll wait until it's on Blue-Ray and rent it. That way I don't feel totally ripped off.
I just read the reviews and decided to not pay to watch. I might pick it up later when on DVD.

newways
02-17-2008, 16:45
There's no way it can beat Rambo IV...Just no way!

paintsnow
02-17-2008, 18:24
Fin did a very quick accent in the first scene or so.
way faster then the new 30 ft per min or even the old 60 ft per min.
he just started finning up towards the surface...hard
lol
otherwise it was a great movie.

Foo2
02-18-2008, 10:35
I'm going to see it on Friday! Quit posting spoilers!!! ;)

MicahEW
02-18-2008, 10:42
havent seen it yet. though it prolly wont be my choice when I do it looks like a chic movie.

wxboy911
02-18-2008, 13:44
I thought it was worth the price of admission-Good film, but a lot of the funny parts were in the trailers.

DollFin
02-18-2008, 20:35
Oh so what if it was a bit over the top?? So are Dirk Pitt and James Bond, but that's why we go to movies in the first place - to have FUN and be entertained! :D

rfb3
02-25-2008, 17:01
I just read the reviews and decided to not pay to watch. I might pick it up later when on DVD.

Although I cannot wait to see it, I may wait for the DVD too. Any thoughts on when it'll be out?

easyrider003
02-26-2008, 06:07
I saw it this past weekend and thought it was a pretty good movie. I was in best buy and saw scuba scenes on this HUGE tv they had. Of course I had to stop and check it out. When I found out what the name of the movie was I convinced the girlfriend that we just HAD to go see it. I am just waiting on it to come out on DVD now.

Foo2
02-26-2008, 10:22
I saw it on Friday night! I thought it was very cute & entertaining. And let's face it....Matthew is in it. *swoons* Don't worry boys Kate Hudson is some pretty good eye candy for you too. The diving scenes were cool although I was a little nervous for their safety a couple of times. I caught myself holding my breath and had to remind myself that it was a movie and their lungs are not going to explode. :)

rfb3
02-26-2008, 10:26
I saw it on Friday night! I thought it was very cute & entertaining. And let's face it....Matthew is in it. *swoons* Don't worry boys Kate Hudson is some pretty good eye candy for you too.

I have heard the other girl in the movie is nice to look at as well! I think her name is Alexis Dziena... :smiley36:

rye_a
02-26-2008, 14:39
I'm avoiding it like the plague.

rfb3
02-26-2008, 14:40

Why is that?

BeachBunnyCrissy
02-26-2008, 14:49
Its already added to my netflix list for when it gets released... looks cute & I am loving the soundtrack :)

rye_a
02-26-2008, 14:50

Why is that?

This (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10009167-fools_gold/) is why. I find that Rotten Tomatoes is usually right on the money.

Foo2
02-26-2008, 14:54
I saw it on Friday night! I thought it was very cute & entertaining. And let's face it....Matthew is in it. *swoons* Don't worry boys Kate Hudson is some pretty good eye candy for you too.

I have heard the other girl in the movie is nice to look at as well! I think her name is Alexis Dziena... :smiley36:

That girl is cute too, but she looks like a kid with too much makeup in my opinion. She may not be as young as she looks though.

rfb3
02-26-2008, 14:56
OK, I can see your point. So let me ask you this... Did you like Into the Blue (with Jessica Alba)? It only had a 21%, and I really liked it (mostly due to Jessica). However, I also liked it because of the scuba/beach/treasure hunting theme... I am certainly not trying to talk you into liking a movie neither of us has seen, I am just saying it might be good for the scuba theme alone.
But with all that said, I am still waiting on the video. :)

rfb3
02-26-2008, 14:56

That girl is cute too, but she looks like a kid with too much makeup in my opinion. She may not be as young as she looks though.

According to imdb.com she's 23. :smiley20:

rye_a
02-26-2008, 15:20
OK, I can see your point. So let me ask you this... Did you like Into the Blue (with Jessica Alba)? It only had a 21%, and I really liked it (mostly due to Jessica). However, I also liked it because of the scuba/beach/treasure hunting theme... I am certainly not trying to talk you into liking a movie neither of us has seen, I am just saying it might be good for the scuba theme alone.

Haven't seen the blue, but might check it out on your recommendation. Thanks.

As an aside, The wife and I are going to see No Country For Old Men tonight. Can't wait.

94GTStang
02-26-2008, 22:31

x's two. I love Into the Blue just because of it was 90% diving and blue water.

The fiance took me to see Fool's Gold and while it was pretty average and corny, it wasn't too bad. I did like the diving scenes and the few one liners in the whole movie.

Of course them pawning off Australia as Key West was amusing

rfb3
02-27-2008, 08:39
Of course them pawning off Australia as Key West was amusing

So they filmed in Australia and vs. KW? Interesting...

pyre24
02-27-2008, 14:29
Im going to see it today! Finally

rfb3
02-27-2008, 14:45
Please let us know what you think!

rfb3
02-29-2008, 16:12
Im going to see it today! Finally

Pyre,
So what did you think?

pyre24
02-29-2008, 16:52
I liked it. It was funny. And the girl was HOTTT!!!! Wish I could find someone just like her. Athough I thought the plane was going to flip more than it did. But it was a good move.

hungry4adventure
03-01-2008, 19:57
I thought it was an okay movie, but I am a bit of a sucker for any movie with water in it. I felt fairly ripped off seeing it in the theater though. With the prices they charge, you'd think you were actually flying somewhere tropical or something.

MLenyo
03-01-2008, 22:03
i've heard from a bunch of people that the movie is pretty terrible. i think i'll wait for dvd =)

WV Diver
03-02-2008, 08:04
It was an average movie for me, nothing too exciting.

Never hold your breath Foo. :smiley2::smiley36: