PDA

View Full Version : keys diving conditions lately

mpd525
02-17-2008, 20:38
me and wife leave wednesday for about 3 days of diving. i've been looking at the mollasses reef bouy info., and it's shows it's been windy like 10-19 knots, and a little bit higher gusts. So what are the seas like in that? and what are the chances we will get blown out. That sure would suck!!!!!

scubasamurai
02-17-2008, 21:44
right now we had a nasty little "cold front" coming in from the west should hit the keys around late monday night to tuesday morning if it doesn;t fall apart. so things might be a little rocky wednesday if it really comes in. the truth is you really don't know till it happens. so pray to the dive gods that the front falls apart

FyVe
02-17-2008, 22:12
if the front goes as expected, by Wednesday, things should start to settle back down (hopefully) and the vis should start getting back to it's normal 60+' (i hope) are you going to bediving there on Saturday? who are you going out with?

mpd525
02-17-2008, 22:13
well our first dives won't be until thursday. I'm not real worried about it, but the wife is worried about big waves and getting back on board the boat. She's funny like that.

FyVe
02-17-2008, 22:44
who are you diving with?

mpd525
02-19-2008, 14:15
sorry haven't got to check the forums in a couple of days. We are diving thurs. thru saturday with conch republic.

comet24
02-19-2008, 16:08
I was down there at the beginning of last week. Not the best weather but then but that changes quickly. Our last day was Tuesday. We did the Eagle but the second dive of the morning was canceled. 6 maybe 8 foot seas. The ladder on the charter got slammed and wouldn't come back up when we went the leave. Capt. ended up having to go in was a mallet and pound on the ladder to get it up. It was a fun dive. No current at the bottom but hanging on the line at 15' was interesting.

mpd525
02-19-2008, 17:23
boy i sure hope it slacks off for at least a couple of days.

comet24
02-19-2008, 20:18
sorry haven't got to check the forums in a couple of days. We are diving thurs. thru saturday with conch republic.

This is who I dived with last week. Very good experience with them. We did 9 dives in there days. Would have done more but they weather just got to bad. We did 2 Daune, 2 Eagle, 1 Spiegel Grove and the rest on reefs. Heck there DM took food orders and called them on the way back from the AM dive for those going out in the afternoon. Just had to walk the 100' to pick up lunch.

If they can they will get you in the water.

Divingguy
02-19-2008, 20:49
Call Gary and Brenda and ask what they think. They will take good care of you.

scubasamurai
02-19-2008, 21:39
right now the weather front stalled over the southern part of florida but hopefully will clear out. so it might be ok

mpd525
02-19-2008, 22:47
i talked to capt. gary a couple of days ago, and he was in the chicago trade show, so he hadn't been keeping up with the weather. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I think everything will work out.