PDA

View Full Version : PADI Enriched Air Cert

KGNickl
02-17-2008, 22:09
I signed up for a 2 afternoon PADI enriched air course that was for the 18th. It was cancelled due to people signed up cancelling last minute. I have a pretty buzy schedule the next month then vacaction! Since the only session they have in the books I will not be able to make and after that I will be on vacation (where I need the cert) the shop said just come by tommorow and they will go over everything with me 1 on 1. I've read the materials and watched the DVD and know everything pretty well. How long do you think it should take?

terrillja
02-17-2008, 22:13
I signed up for a 2 afternoon PADI enriched air course that was for the 18th. It was cancelled due to people signed up cancelling last minute. I have a pretty buzy schedule the next month then vacaction! Since the only session they have in the books I will not be able to make and after that I will be on vacation (where I need the cert) the shop said just come by tommorow and they will go over everything with me 1 on 1. I've read the materials and watched the DVD and know everything pretty well. How long do you think it should take?
Took me maybe 2-3 hrs to go through the whole thing and test a half-dozen tanks. That was 1 instructor with my db (father) and I.

navyhmc
02-18-2008, 00:08
I was about 2 hours, but this was one on one and I had about a month to go over the books and DVD, review, rereview and then typed out the reviews and Knowledge reviews and filled them out a few times before writing in the book. I has answered most of the questions I had prior to the class so it was fairly easy.

It's a lot shorter if all involved did the reading and answering before hand.

Good luck and happy diving.

texdiveguy
02-18-2008, 00:28
3 hours is average for what the OP is describing.

fisheater
02-18-2008, 01:02
Ask your LDS. They're the ones that know what they have in mind.

DivingCRNA
02-18-2008, 07:34
Prolly a couple hours if you did the reading and understand it all.

KGNickl
02-18-2008, 08:46
Thanks for the replies everyone. I figure they schedule a lot of time in case some people are confused, slow, or its just a large class and they have to go to each person. Having it be 1 on 1 I doubt it will take more than 4 hours. I'm hoping 2-3 at most. I would have asked them as well, but I thought of the question on a day they where closed.

navyhmc
02-18-2008, 10:20
As I noted earlier, mine was one on one, we started around 9:30-9:40, Got done around 12:30 but it was apparent to the instructor very early that I had my little duckies in a rom before walking into the class. That and some of my questions actually delved into the Tec side a little for some very good side bars on the subject. Like why is it that your O2 cns doesn't go down like your Nitrogen-makes sense except for the calculated rec conservatism. I guessed correctly that after around 12 hours you should be down to less than 10% even if your last dive put you at 100% cns. (For those rec nitrox divers who are curious for information sake only the cns half-life is 90 minutes. This is for personal information only, please continue to calculate your O2 cns as taught.)

dannybot
02-18-2008, 16:55
If you did all the reading and understand it all, and if you did all the practice problems and if you did all the homework, then it shouldn't take more than about an hour. I took it in December, I read the book and worked all the problems three times, I went throught the material over and over again, since the insttructor warned it would be improtant to fully understand, unless I wanted to be there until midnight. So I did as he warned, and the class was a breeze, we spent most of the time reviewing the homework, then dong the problems again, followed by a couple examples.

If you have done all your homework, and are really prepared, then it can easily be done very quickly on a 1:1 basis. At least, of course in my opinion.

KGNickl
02-18-2008, 19:54
Took about 2 hours 45 minutes. That included filling out my diver profile for the shop, reviewing the material, reviewing the questions and problems, asking other various questions, testing a few tanks, and joking around a bit. :smiley20:

Zenagirl
02-19-2008, 07:02
congrats on your new nitrox cert. :D Enjoy it in good health!

NoTime58
02-19-2008, 10:27
I took my enriched air certification in the Cayman Islands with Red Sail Sports, it took us @ 3 hours and that was with taking breaks.

jeepbrew
02-19-2008, 11:54
My guess is 2-3 hours. It took me that long but that was b/c I was also acting as a safety diver for an OW class.