PDA

View Full Version : Dive Rite LED?

JahJahwarrior
07-30-2007, 15:01
Anyone here try or seen the Dive Rite handheld LED light? Scubatoys doesn't seem to carry it....

ReefHound
08-01-2007, 18:46
Which one? The new LED 300 that is supposedly comparable to a 10w HID? Or the backup lights like the Aduro or Sport?

JahJahwarrior
08-02-2007, 15:15
Sorry, hadn't realized DR had other LED lights :) I mean the new one that's supposed to be similar to the handheld HID. Looks like DiveRiteExpress has them (duh) for the same price, and I've seen atleast three people selling thehandheld HID, but no one selling the handheld LED.

Wolfie2012
08-02-2007, 15:46
Scubatoys doesn't seem to carry it....

If you're seriously lookin to pick one up, you might want to call them up and ask about the price anyway since they're a dive rite dealer and I'm sure can get it in only a few days or so. :)

JahJahwarrior
08-02-2007, 17:36
Nah, don't have the cash (about to pull the trigger on a BP/W setup from them tomorrow most likely :) ) Just haven't seen any and wanted to know if anyone had a review or pictures of it in use or anything. Seems like a tres cool product :)

BSea
08-02-2007, 17:37
If you are considering thatlight, you might look at the Oxycheq small handheld LED. It looks pretty impressive, and also claims to be almost as bright as a handheld HID. Here's the link (http://www.oxycheq.com/Oxycheq/torchbackup/4A4057D0-8039-4194-83E5-A2E901922084.html).

cummings66
08-03-2007, 07:12
From what I understand Scubatoys can get anything in a brand they carry. I'm looking at a Dive Rite gauge and they don't carry it but told me they can get it if I want.

tbush
08-03-2007, 10:05
Any idea how there priced?

BSea
08-03-2007, 10:27
Any idea how there priced?
According to Dive Right Express it's $360, the same as the handheld HID.

ScubaToys Larry
08-03-2007, 19:37
If you see any price out there... We can always match it, and maybe beat it.. especially for our board members!

JahJahwarrior
08-04-2007, 08:29
At the local shop yesterday I asked about the new DR handheld and they were very much against it. They took out a Rat and a Rat Jr. and showed how bright and tough they were, and how much cheaper. Then they took out a Salvo and a DR handheld HID and showed me how the Salvo was lighter, smaller, and rechargeable. I was impressed. Then, they matched ScubaToy's price on a BP/W setup, which was basically a match of several websites. I spent a few dollars more on it, because I got a good crotch strap, and sales tax was a few dollars more than shipping would have been....but it was very close, and he helped me set up the harness too.

And I got his opinoins on several of the lights and that was good. Boy do I wish I had the money for an HID, the lovely colours upon startup are so attractive :) (that's why I have a small mercury vapor lamp mounted on the wall in my room, I love it's light. )