PDA

View Full Version : First Dirty Water Dive Society Dive

RoadRacer1978
02-19-2008, 09:36
I am scheduling the Dirty Water Dive Society's first Meet and Greet. I am scheduling the Meet/Greet and dive to take place at lake Murray on Saturday March 29th. We will meet at Marietta Landing. All are welcome to join us, even if the water is still a little cold to dive, you can come and get to know your fellow dirty water divers. I would like to have a cookout or some type of food for the event, so if you are planning on attending, please RSVP either through my e-mail or pm me here so we can get an idea of how much food will be needed. Also if you would be willing to bring some type of food, please let me know so I can get everything organized. Looking foward to meeting all of you and diving with you soon.

Dwayne Kruse

cyclical
02-22-2008, 09:10
Damn water will still be cold..... very very cold

I'll check my schedule, may still be able to make it but I don't think the wife will want to goober dive in that temperature.

Ohh post a map to the location of Marietta Landing, I have no idea where it is located.

divingchef
02-22-2008, 19:09
Good Luck Dwayne! Hope you get a big turnout! IŽll be in seattle helping to finish the refit on the Pacific Provider.....we sail on 21 april!!!!!

Have fun and best of luck!!

fire diver
02-22-2008, 19:13
I'll dive with you in spirit!

That is part of the week of home time between training and deployment. As much as I am craving to dive, the family is more important.

Suck some air and hoist a beer for me.

FD (stuck on one crappy Army post or another, where I can't dive)

RoadRacer1978
02-23-2008, 07:39
Well, seeing the responses so far, I think we might be better off postponing it another month. What do you think? End of April be better and maybe a better turn out?

Soonerwink
02-23-2008, 13:13
A little farther to travel, Oronogo opens on April 5th. Tulsa Aquanauts are planning a get together there. We would love to have you guys join us.

dallasdivergirl
02-23-2008, 18:21
unfortunately, I work for ST on Saturdays so I could only join if you were doing Sunday.

March is brrrrr!

hoop
02-24-2008, 19:02
Well, seeing the responses so far, I think we might be better off postponing it another month. What do you think? End of April be better and maybe a better turn out?

Roadracer, I think this would be a good idea.... I can take the cold, but I can't take Murray March cold!:smiley36: I've got a wedding to attend on that day, and lord knows I would much rather be at the lake, but I think we would have a much better turn out at a later date. At the earliest I think the end of April. Possibly even a mid-May date. I think this would encourage more people to attend. Just a thought.......

cyclical
02-24-2008, 21:01
I am definately down for a warmer month.

mpd525
02-26-2008, 20:40

Roadracer, I think this would be a good idea.... I can take the cold, but I can't take Murray March cold!:smiley36: I've got a wedding to attend on that day, and lord knows I would much rather be at the lake, but I think we would have a much better turn out at a later date. At the earliest I think the end of April. Possibly even a mid-May date. I think this would encourage more people to attend. Just a thought.......

Wow hoop, you still around, haven't heard nothing out of you in a while. Depending on the wife's deployment, i may be able to make it. Since she's gonna be gone, i'll have nothing better to do than work, dive and then work some more so i can go dive.

hoop
02-26-2008, 22:18
Hey MPD525, yeah, I pop in from time to time... Hunting season is over, so time to get the diving gear ready to go!

mpd525
02-27-2008, 18:09
me and the misses just got back from the keys sunday, and i'm ready to hit the lake now. I'm gonna try to go friday.

hoop
02-27-2008, 21:27
Just let me know when man.... If work will allow, I'm all in.

Disneymom
02-29-2008, 15:20
If it's later in the spring, dependent on what else is going on with us, we might be able to try and get down there. I'd really like to get some underwater time in before vacation in May, but I'm NOT a fan of the cold.

rfb3
02-29-2008, 15:25
me and the misses just got back from the keys sunday, and i'm ready to hit the lake now. I'm gonna try to go friday.

You'll be going from one extreme to the other! :smiley36:

mpd525
03-02-2008, 21:27
well good news i didnt get to go, its always something. but i should be able to go in april

EuphoriaII
03-03-2008, 13:06
I am definately down for a warmer month.
March is still a little cold. I've done it before, but I try to stay out of the water locally until May

mpd525
03-03-2008, 20:42
aaaahhhh, come on, what's a little cold. LOL!!! I talked to Tim at Nautical on saturday, and he said there's been alot of rain run-off, so the viz is crap. He hasn't been in the water, but he said just by looking it's probably 2-5 feet. Next wed, or thursday, i'm gonna finish up my drysuit class, crap viz or not.

I MISS MY LAKE!!!!!

And who has dove Elmer Thomas or Murray, my wife is mobilized for at Ft. Sill for the next year, so when me and her hit the water it will be one of those 2 places. I've looked on lake diver, but i was curious if there were anymore sites to dive other than the dam at ET, and what else ther was at Murray.

We're also gonna take trips, since she's close to Athens, Possum Kingdom, and CSSP!!!!!!

hoop
03-03-2008, 20:46
Elmer Thomas is decent, but cold as hell below 15ft... I think you can dive anywhere on the lake, but most people dive at the dam.. Murray is good too, with a couple of drive up spots. You can really take advantage of diving around Tucker tower if you have a boat. I think there are some other spots accessible by boat, but not sure of the locations. PK is pretty cool.. Athens, I've done it once, and that was enough for me... Looking forward to hitting CSSP...

rfb3
03-03-2008, 20:49
And who has dove Elmer Thomas or Murray, my wife is mobilized for at Ft. Sill for the next year, so when me and her hit the water it will be one of those 2 places. I've looked on lake diver, but i was curious if there were anymore sites to dive other than the dam at ET, and what else ther was at Murray.

I've done Murray, but its usually in May. Our club does chechout dives at Marietta's Landing. Viz is around 10'. There's a platform to do the skills, and a boat that was sunk to checkout... Like a lot of mud holes around here, its just a place to get wet. :)

EuphoriaII
03-06-2008, 13:52
I've been to ET a number of times but never any part other than the dam area.

mpd525
03-07-2008, 10:30
so hoop, what do you think, you up for showing a brother the ropes at murray, I'VE GOT A BOAT!!!!And you in for a trip to CSSP with me and the misses this summer?

hoop
03-07-2008, 17:25
so hoop, what do you think, you up for showing a brother the ropes at murray, I'VE GOT A BOAT!!!!And you in for a trip to CSSP with me and the misses this summer?

Sounds like a fiasco in the making! Yeah, I plan on doing quite a bit of camping down Murray way this year. We'll definitely hook up... I you got a boat, it'll be well worth the effort of dragging it down there..

Plus, I grew up about 30 miles from Ft. Sill, and still have family in the area, so we'll have to hit ET sometime too

I want to do the CSSP thing too... especially the scubatoys group dive..

since I'm a candy ass, you're going to have to wait until it warms up though!:all_coholic:

maverick
03-08-2008, 12:04
When is the CSSP ST group dive?

foo
03-14-2008, 23:09
And you in for a trip to CSSP with me and the misses this summer?
:smilie40:

Okay... I just want to make an observation. Please understand that I am not man-bashing, I love men. It just makes me laugh when I think how people would react if I proposed a trip to someone with me and the mister this summer? :smiley2:

mpd525
03-18-2008, 23:29
And you in for a trip to CSSP with me and the misses this summer?
:smilie40:

Okay... I just want to make an observation. Please understand that I am not man-bashing, I love men. It just makes me laugh when I think how people would react if I proposed a trip to someone with me and the mister this summer? :smiley2:

you got me foo, i guess i should have used the Boss instead, it would probably have been more truthful. LOL