PDA

View Full Version : Good places to dine

NoTime58
02-19-2008, 11:13
My wife and I are heading to Key West at the end of this week, (February 22nd) and we were wondering if anyone can recommend any good restaurants in the area. It's been 28 years since I was down there and I can't remember a thing about it. I'm sure it's "grown-up" quite a bit since then so any help will be greatly appreciated. Information about restaurants in all price ranges would be helpfull.

CaptainRon
02-20-2008, 03:16
Not sure about places to eat but if you are looking for a quiet place to grab a drink or two, try Captain Tony's Saloon. It's a little ways off Duval and much quieter.

comet24
02-20-2008, 05:45
Wish I could help but I don't remember any such places when I was there about 5 years ago. We stayed two blocks off Duval st. and didn't have a car so we really only hit the places around that area. Found great places to drink though. What I remember about the food is it was something to eat but nothing special.

NoTime58
02-20-2008, 07:32
Not sure about places to eat but if you are looking for a quiet place to grab a drink or two, try Captain Tony's Saloon. It's a little ways off Duval and much quieter.

Appreciate the response......we'll give Captain Tony's a try.

NoTime58
02-20-2008, 07:34
Wish I could help but I don't remember any such places when I was there about 5 years ago. We stayed two blocks off Duval st. and didn't have a car so we really only hit the places around that area. Found great places to drink though. What I remember about the food is it was something to eat but nothing special.

Appreciate you posting a response.....if worse comes to worse we can always get the dive shop to recommend some places to eat.

Queen
02-20-2008, 08:09
For amazing fresh pasta try Mangia Mangia.

For great steak I like Michaels (pricey but VERY nice).

The best seafood I've ever eaten give Seven Fish a go (it's got a really high Zagat rating).

If you want a local fun place with good food and funky atmosphere try Pepe's, they have a grilled Mahi sandwich that is top notch.

Hope this helps.

thor
02-20-2008, 09:58
There's a pretty good no frills raw bar away from the main strip. I think it is called Half Shell Raw Bar. It's a paper plate, plastic fork kind of place, but I remember the seafood being right off of the boat.