PDA

View Full Version : Free Diving

Ajuva
07-30-2007, 16:19
I don't know if it is just me but are any of you interested in free Diving.

I snorkeled for years before qualifying and have enjoyed the ability to get into the ocean in any way possible, but, recently I have seen more and more on this subject e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sH5754dBVw

This was aired on the BBC and blew me away!!

Have any of you taken any classes or looked into this?

sidneydiver
07-30-2007, 22:50
The thought of free diving weirds me out a bit. I really don't fancy it. It was funny when I dove the Oriskany, the captain on the boat was a free diver and he warned us he might do it, but it was still weird to be at about 70 feet down and have him appear beside us smiling and waving!

3rdEye
07-31-2007, 09:36
wow that was pretty amazing....

i can only freedive down to about 20 feet for a few seconds.....

Moxie
07-31-2007, 09:38
Shallow water blackout scares me, but I would love to give it a shot. Mandy Rae Crukshank is a local and very good free diver.

the gooch
07-31-2007, 13:08
I am very interested in freediving. I would seriously need to work on my breathing skills as I can only dive down to about 30 ft max and hang out for a few seconds before jetting to the surface. Anyone know any good books on this?

Dive-aholic
07-31-2007, 23:12
I've played around with it, but I'm usually too anxious to get in the water with scuba gear. Also, the places I usually dive (besides the caves) aren't really worth free diving. Some day I'll be somewhere where free diving is worth it.

Last year, I was on a liveaboard in the Bahamas on the Juliet. John, the captain, is also a free diver. During a wreck dive, he swam down and through the bridge of the ship! I wish I could do that.