PDA

View Full Version : This forum........

Garrobo
02-19-2008, 13:54
is pretty much a waste of time when it comes to gathering any information having to do with scuba diving. So, so long.

mwhities
02-19-2008, 13:59
I hate to hear that. I'm not sure if you've PMed a moderator, Larry or Joe with any questions you might have. We are here to help you in anyway.

If you get this, please PM me and I'll help you all I can.

Michael

No Misses
02-19-2008, 14:10
Garrobo, keep in mind that it is winter for most of the divers on this forum. Only us lucky ones down south and the diehard ice water junkies are doing any diving this time of year.

hoobascooba
02-19-2008, 14:14
mwhities informed me that he's noticed I've been posting alot of 'nonsense' threads.

he's probably right.

So, Garrobo, if it's me and my boredom you're bothered by, then by all means... say so. Don't just leave. No matter how many senseless threads I start, there is still a wealth of information about scuba diving on this forum.

mwhities
02-19-2008, 14:20
mwhities informed me that he's noticed I've been posting alot of 'nonsense' threads.

he's probably right.

So, Garrobo, if it's me and my boredom you're bothered by, then by all means... say so. Don't just leave. No matter how many senseless threads I start, there is still a wealth of information about scuba diving on this forum.

Yet, another senseless post. ;) (Sorry, I had to. :P)

FOUNDATIONER
02-19-2008, 14:30
Wow...3800 members and 135,000 posts and you can't find
anything useful about diving?

My Mares Demon mask is AWESOME.
You should buy one from Scubatoys.
There...how's that?

dlawrence
02-19-2008, 14:38
As a counterbalance to this poster, I joined the forum yesterday, relatively late at night, asked 4 different questions, in 4 different threads and had multiple intelligent responses within 10 minutes on all of them.

So far, I'm impressed with these forums.

WaScubaDude
02-19-2008, 15:01
One thing to remember is that in this forum you can search on the subject of your choosing. (see "search" button 3rd from the right on your menue bar above.) Many, many very good threads exist like treasures burried under the silt of senseless and silly posts.

Once you find a thread that you believe contains usefull information, you can simple post a reply to "float" that thread into the current at the surface.

Another great help is to look thru a great thread and cut and past all the best info into a new reply for that thread. Or start a new thread with all the great info from a previous thread.

maybe hoobascooba can take this up as a new past time, instead of adding more silt.

Think
02-19-2008, 15:09
You can get a pretty good idea of what each post is about from the topic. I developed this pretty cool trick where if the topic doesn't interest me, I don't click on it. Works great :smiley20:

thor
02-19-2008, 15:17
I'm sure your "Speaking of Dogs" thread was very related to diving and not at all a "waste of time". http://forum.scubatoys.com/surface-interval/9445-speaking-dogs.html
Sorry it took you 100 posts to figure out that you don't like us anymore

Garrobo
02-19-2008, 15:19
Let me reiterate. Not the entire website, but this particular section called the Surface Interval. Too much BS, jokes.

MicahEW
02-19-2008, 15:22
you mean we cant have fun??? there is a section for ecercise and for men and women only and those have nothing to do with diving.

Chad
02-19-2008, 15:28
Let me reiterate. Not the entire website, but this particular section called the Surface Interval. Too much BS, jokes.

Surface Interval Can't be underwater all the time. Decompress here with non-scuba related topics.

hmmm..... Looks to me like the Surface Interval forum is for NON-scuba related topics.:smiley29:

ScubaToys Larry
02-19-2008, 15:32

Any forum you don't want to see... simply go into your control panel, and at the bottom you can highlight ones you want to ignore. By holding down the Ctrl key you can click on several. Then that forum will not show up on your home page, and any post in that forum that matches your search terms, or new or recent posts will also be eliminated from your results.

DarinMartell
02-19-2008, 15:33
No offense but have you heard the term "garbage in garbage out? You get what you put into it. It shows you have started 8 threads, 3 of them diving related. It also shows you have made 100 comments with only about a quarter of them diving related.

If you want alot of diving topics maybe you should participate in more of them.

MicahEW
02-19-2008, 15:42
No offense but have you heard the term "garbage in garbage out? You get what you put into it. It shows you have started 8 threads, 3 of them diving related. It also shows you have made 100 comments with only about a quarter of them diving related.

If you want alot of diving topics maybe you should participate in more of them.

hu-ahhh

rye_a
02-19-2008, 16:09

he's probably right.

It's amazing what people will post to get to that 250 post count! Whoops...looks like I'm guilty too :smiley2:

TX1Chica
02-19-2008, 16:23
I think the beautiful thing about these forums is that their seems to be something for everyone. Depending on what I am in the mood for, I can usually find something to research. Weather it be for an up coming trip or new gear or if its just to see what people in my area are up to. If I have questions you guys are always here for me:)

KGNickl
02-19-2008, 16:44

Surface Interval Can't be underwater all the time. Decompress here with non-scuba related topics.

hmmm..... Looks to me like the Surface Interval forum is for NON-scuba related topics.:smiley29:
I was thinking the same thing. It would be rude to post scuba related topics in the area.

pyre24
02-19-2008, 17:49
I havent been here long and i enjoy reading scuba and non scuba threads. avoid the ones that arent interesting to you. Thats all. no fighting now.

DollFin
02-19-2008, 18:04
I love that there is a non-diving section here. It gives us a chance to talk to each other about ANYTHING on our minds from bad jokes to political opinions and really get to know each other outside of being divers.

Osprey
02-20-2008, 07:32
I agree with Dollfin. Humans are pretty complex creatures, it's good to see someone outside of their "dive-thoughts" :) Even if we don't always agree on things, it's all good

hoobascooba
02-20-2008, 08:16
i wanted to also add... what do YOU (Garrobo) talk about during your SI?

the braves?

oh, my shoestrings' untied.....

WAHMof2
02-21-2008, 11:24
I like the "off topic" portions of this board, but I also have found a wealth of information on it. If you can't learn something about scuba here, you just aren't reading.

Garrobo
02-21-2008, 12:14
Hoobascooba::the Braves. Who is that? I usually try to nuzzle up to some nice-looking, young babe on the unlikely chance that she might like to hang around with a somewhat overweight, half-bald, pot-bellied, hairybodied, ******-taking, flat-footed old dude with nasty things on his mind. Forget the Braves.

Griff
02-21-2008, 13:48
I hang around here a fair bit. 'Usually don't post much of anything unless it is contributory. But I will say that this is a very kind and considerate group.

On most any forum anywhere on any subject, if someone feels they have to announce to the world that "I'm outta here", the usual responses are along the lines of "good riddence" or "don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out" as the forum doesn't really need the drama of the announcement - even if it is just departing a sub-forum.

Awefully nice group here!

Big Mike
02-22-2008, 11:46
Hey, I resemble this remark...and stay away from my wife:smilie39:

Hey Hooba...keep em coming!

Hoobascooba::the Braves. Who is that? I usually try to nuzzle up to some nice-looking, young babe on the unlikely chance that she might like to hang around with a somewhat overweight, half-bald, pot-bellied, hairybodied, ******-taking, flat-footed old dude with nasty things on his mind. Forget the Braves.

CompuDude
02-22-2008, 12:08
is pretty much a waste of time when it comes to gathering any information having to do with scuba diving. So, so long.

Soooo... to be clear, you find the forum "Surface Interval" forum, who's description clearly says "Decompress here with non-scuba related topics" to be a waste of time for gathering information about scuba diving?

Just want to make sure we understand you properly.

Big Mike
02-22-2008, 12:20
Oh CompuDude......let's not get technical with the poor boy

Soooo... to be clear, you find the forum "Surface Interval" forum, who's description clearly says "Decompress here with non-scuba related topics" to be a waste of time for gathering information about scuba diving?

Just want to make sure we understand you properly.

johnyringo
02-22-2008, 14:16

That pretty much says it all...

pyre24
02-22-2008, 15:43

That pretty much says it all...
Exactly

BeachBunnyCrissy
02-22-2008, 18:48
The SI section is for diving bonding.... half of a good dive is a good buddy what is a better place to find them in here.... but if you have to leave... send a post card :smiley20: