PDA

View Full Version : wetsuit

Tom A
02-19-2008, 18:51
bought a wet suit off ebay asked what size he said a large which it is its a 2 piece farmer john 6 mil im 5'7" 186 want fit to small its a performace brand. guess ill try an put it back on ebay . its hard to find stuff to fit when short an stocky. maybe need to start a short an big dept lol

NoTime58
02-20-2008, 08:33
bought a wet suit off ebay asked what size he said a large which it is its a 2 piece farmer john 6 mil im 5'7" 186 want fit to small its a performace brand. guess ill try an put it back on ebay . its hard to find stuff to fit when short an stocky. maybe need to start a short an big dept lol

5'7" and 186......don't figure you for short and stocky. I'm 5'9" and at one time I was @ 228.....now at 180. IMO it's best to head to the LDS and try them on before the purchase !!

Tom A
02-20-2008, 19:18
checked sizing chart large should have fit there for 5'10 190 lbs think i got a womens large

Shellback
02-20-2008, 21:08
I think that a wetsuit is one of the most difficult things to buy without trying on. Couple years ago went down to a shop and tried on an O'neill suit which should have fit according to their sizing chart but the cut was terrible. I made a mental note and put wetsuits on my list of "Must Try", be careful with those Ebay purchases.

danielh03
02-21-2008, 01:10
I think that a wetsuit is one of the most difficult things to buy without trying on. Couple years ago went down to a shop and tried on an O'neill suit which should have fit according to their sizing chart but the cut was terrible. I made a mental note and put wetsuits on my list of "Must Try", be careful with those Ebay purchases.

My LDS sells Oneill. while they are great suits, its hard to fit them. By there size chart, I am a XL Short, but that was WAY to baggy. I ended up with a LG Short, but a regular would have worked to. I bought the Henderson clearance suit on a whim last month. While its a good suit, and it will do what I need it for, I am going to spend the money on a new Oneill next month. Is there anything in this world that smells better than new wetsuits?

anvil
02-21-2008, 01:34
I had the same problem, 5'6'' and about 220.I got an Akona one piece
in xxl ,perfect. ived in for 5 years, then I dropped nearly 50Lb, got fit and have just purchased anew Akona in XL . bought online so I hope it fits.

Tom A
02-22-2008, 12:14
guess ill sell this one by one at local dive shop or be able to talk to next person i by it from

johnyringo
02-22-2008, 14:23
guess ill sell this one by one at local dive shop or be able to talk to next person i by it from

There's always the "custom made" option, which doesn't add a substantial amount to the cost, and it fits. I know of several people who have solved a fit problem with the Hyperstretch or suits made of similar material. The Bare Brigade is pretty forgiving and inexpensive.

mitchy
02-22-2008, 15:21
I agree that sizing wetsuits is difficult. I have a Bare 2 piece sized Medium Large. Large too big in chest area, medium way too tight. I'm tall and skinny. In another brand the sizing is probably different again.

TxScubaBear
02-22-2008, 18:21
Check out the Henderson Hyperstretch's, they're supposed to be top notch as far as fit (and it's what I'm saving for.......)

jmoors
02-29-2008, 20:13
For a 3mm suit I tried on several at the LDS before I found one that fit pretty good ... BARE. But for a 6.5mm suit I went custom I had to have a perfect fit for the cold water. I have never been cold in that custom and the water here in California can get cold.

John