PDA

View Full Version : I really have to wonder how A Gore....

boates
02-20-2008, 05:40
feels about Bushs demands that Cubans be allowed a free and fair election.

I seem to recall an incident,,,,,....

Garrobo
02-20-2008, 08:38
Consider how any other communist would feel about it and you are there.

Byte Me
02-20-2008, 08:51

Seriously, dude, let it go already. :smilie39:

Think
02-20-2008, 09:32
yeah dude let it go :smiley36: it's not like it has had a major impact on the entire world or anything.

pyre24
02-20-2008, 09:39

I remember that. Oh well.

awap
02-20-2008, 09:43
I wonder how many countires point to the USA and say "look what free and fair elections did to them"?

pyre24
02-20-2008, 09:55
I wonder how many countires point to the USA and say "look what free and fair elections did to them"?
:smiley36:

Garrobo
02-20-2008, 10:34
pyre24: Who cares what "any other country" or it's inhabitants think. Not Me.

Byte Me
02-20-2008, 10:51
yeah dude let it go :smiley36: it's not like it has had a major impact on the entire world or anything.

Uh, wha? EITHER WAY IT WOULD HAVE. Not sure if you noticed but we're a relatively large country that has a pretty big impact on the world economy and a few other things.

The fact that the whole debacle happened no matter what viewpoint you hold on what was "real" or not should serve to embarrass the hell out of you as an American.

The fact that "hanging chad" is a term that is now write protected on my mental hard drive makes me sick.

The fact that the same "do anything to get into the White House" is again rearing it's head from the same group of cronies that spawned the first mess (see: Clinton, Hilary now trying to sway not only "uber delegates" but those already "earned" by Obama) should scare the shizzle out of you.

Think
02-20-2008, 13:29
Garrobo: I used to think your posts were sarcastic, such as "George Bush is my hero." Now I'm starting to think you are serious. I really hope I'm wrong.

Byte me: I'm not quite sure why you responded like that. I guess maybe I was hoping your "let it go" comment was sarcasm. I guess it wasn't? Maybe you missed the sarcasm in my post?

MSilvia
02-20-2008, 14:04
I do. Many of my best friends are citizens of other countries. We're all people of the same planet, and it's increasinly clear that what any country does has impacts that are felt well beyond our artificial political boundaries. Not caring what other people think just because of the latitude and longitude where they were born, in my estimation is both foolish and unneighborly. By way of analogy, we're all in the same pool. If you poop in it, the fact that you're in the shallow end doesn't mean the rest of the swimmers' opinions don't matter.

It's much more important to me who a person is than what they are, and in my experience nationality doesn't factor into that much. There are Kiwis, Kenyans, Frenchmen, Russians, Chileans, Hatians and many others I've met who I'd rather spend the day with than the American jerk that lives up the street from me. His nationality doesn't earn him my respect.

Presumably when you travel you don't advertise your disdain for your hosts, but if Mexico decided they didn't want anyone from Ohio coming across the border just prior to your trip to Cozumel, would you care what anyone in other countries thought then?

cummings66
02-20-2008, 14:06
To me it seemed that Byte Me is just saying that all of our politicians are corrupt and no different regardless of party affiliation?

pyre24
02-20-2008, 14:34
I do. Many of my best friends are citizens of other countries. We're all people of the same planet, and it's increasinly clear that what any country does has impacts that are felt well beyond our artificial political boundaries. Not caring what other people think just because of the latitude and longitude where they were born, in my estimation is both foolish and unneighborly. By way of analogy, we're all in the same pool. If you poop in it, the fact that you're in the shallow end doesn't mean the rest of the swimmers' opinions don't matter.

It's much more important to me who a person is than what they are, and in my experience nationality doesn't factor into that much. There are Kiwis, Kenyans, Frenchmen, Russians, Chileans, Hatians and many others I've met who I'd rather spend the day with than the American jerk that lives up the street from me. His nationality doesn't earn him my respect.

Presumably when you travel you don't advertise your disdain for your hosts, but if Mexico decided they didn't want anyone from Ohio coming across the border just prior to your trip to Cozumel, would you care what anyone in other countries thought then?
Thank you MSilvia. :smiley20: As you said we are all on the same planet. What one county does affects another wether directly or indirectly. Personaly Id love to go to other countries to see how they differ from ours. Its a wonderful world out there.

Think
02-20-2008, 15:10
MSilvia and Pyre24, I could not agree more with what you both said. :smiley32:

Garrobo
02-20-2008, 19:19
The USA is THE leader of the world. All other countries and peoples on Earth should fall in line behind us and exemplify us in all aspects of life.

MSilvia
02-21-2008, 07:18
The USA is THE leader of the world. All other countries and peoples on Earth should fall in line behind us and exemplify us in all aspects of life.
Man... I almost shot breakfast out my nose. :smilie39:

Think
02-21-2008, 07:23

Oh, I think I finally get it. You ARE being sarcastic. :smiley20:

Garrobo
02-21-2008, 07:32
Think: You are getting wiser by the minute. Personally I like Honduras, where I lived from '79-82. It always was a little dangerous there but it's not safe for a blue-eyed, white guy (since Mitch) so I don't go there much anymore except to visit because of the gangs (muggings, murders and kidnappings). I wanted to retire there but it didn't work out. I have residency papers but I'd never give up my US citizenship for any reason, even if a Democrap gets elected with a Democrap-controlled Congress.