PDA

View Full Version : METS or DIVING? YOU DECIDE

thor
02-22-2008, 08:36
OK. So I am going to be in Florida in a couple of weeks, and I am supposed to go diving with a buddy of mine, who couldn't dive with me the last time I was there due to illness and general wussiness. We haven't made firm plans yet, but I gave him a hard time about not diving and he promised the next time I was in Florida he wouldn't bail. MEANWHILE....

My brother just surprised me with Mets pre-season tickets for the same day I am supposed to dive. I am a huge Mets fan, and have never made it down to Spring training.

SO, DO I GO DIVING OR GO TO THE GAME? YOU DECIDE?

Think
02-22-2008, 08:44
Sounds like you've dove in this area before. If that's the case I'd catch the ballgame. Go Mets!

Bert
02-22-2008, 09:07
How long are you going to be there? Can you move the dive back a day ? I dont follow sports so my vote woul be dive

Chad
02-22-2008, 09:19
Diving. It is only pre-season.

emcbride81
02-22-2008, 09:53
Diving, it's preseason, and besides it's baseball, you will have 150+ chances to watch the Mets. :)

Is your buddy only going to be able to dive that day??? Tell him that you are going to do a night dive or something if you wanna go to the camp.

fisheater
02-22-2008, 09:55
A dive that counts vs. a game that doesn't? As they say in the bad beer commercials, "you make the call."

dallasdivergirl
02-22-2008, 10:35
seriously Thor....we are the wrong group to be asking stuff like this.

Diving

Go Rangers!

mitchy
02-22-2008, 10:40
Tough call. The game doesn't mean anything in the standings, but it's a memory and something to say you've done. Can the dive be done a day later?

thor
02-22-2008, 13:05

Diving

Go Rangers!

LOL. I guess I knew what I was getting into when I posted this.

OK, I have some new info to complicate things. My brother got me another ticket to bring my four year old daughter. It would be her first baseball game. I haven't told her yet... but it looks like this game is going to count after all.

dallasdivergirl
02-22-2008, 13:30
I guess you will be going to the game then. enjoy your outing with your daughter. don't forget her mets hat & t shirt.

Diving

Go Rangers!

LOL. I guess I knew what I was getting into when I posted this.

OK, I have some new info to complicate things. My brother got me another ticket to bring my four year old daughter. It would be her first baseball game. I haven't told her yet... but it looks like this game is going to count after all.

Charles R
02-22-2008, 13:59
Who are the Mets playing and how long are you going to be in Florida? I was leaning toward diving until you threw the whole daughter thing in there. Have fun @ the Game! :smilie40:

pyre24
02-22-2008, 14:07
i vote dive, im not a sports fan.

Clanggedin
02-22-2008, 14:08
I would never take my daughter that young to a game. She would never last and we'd have to leave early, plus all of the drunks around dropping the f* bomb, isn't what I like exposing my children too.

I won't even take her to games here in Utah becuase of the potential of her learning new words to add to her vocabulary.

Plus, the Mets haven't been good since the Strawberry / Gooden days.

Go diving...

johnyringo
02-22-2008, 14:10
Gee, after you gave your buddy crap for missing the last dive...???

Think
02-22-2008, 15:07

For what it's worth, that line made me dismiss everything else you said :smiley3:

Let's go METS. :smiley36:

divingchef
02-22-2008, 19:04
Mets? Go diving! Now if it were a Braves or Red Sox game, different situation!

Canīt lose either way....baseball or diving......why not dive early, and then go to the game....or game and then night dive? who says you canīt have your cake and dive it too?

thor
02-22-2008, 20:10

For what it's worth, that line made me dismiss everything else you said :smiley3:

He's obviously not a baseball fan. Don't waste you're energy Think.

Mets? Go diving! Now if it were a Braves or Red Sox game, different situation!

Red Sox? Them's Fightin Words. I have two words for you. Bill Buckner

YouTube - Game 6 : 1986 World Series (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRqbSbv9StQ)

Canīt lose either way....baseball or diving......why not dive early, and then go to the game....or game and then night dive? who says you canīt have your cake and dive it too?

You are a genius

Capt Hook
02-22-2008, 21:19
Dive< Dive< Dive !!!!

rye_a
02-22-2008, 21:33
I heard of once in a lifetime dives, but never a once in a lifetime preseadon game. Go diving.

Clanggedin
02-22-2008, 21:41

He's obviously not a baseball fan. Don't waste you're energy Think.

Is it that obvious?? I was a fan once. That was many many years ago. Now the only sport I watch is MMA.

mark44883
02-22-2008, 21:42
ok i just want to know the first part of it, a wuss for calling a dive no you would be the wuss try to get your guy back up and hopeing he's not hurt. you go to the game hope your friend finds a real dive buddy

thor
02-22-2008, 23:09
ok i just want to know the first part of it, a wuss for calling a dive no you would be the wuss try to get your guy back up and hopeing he's not hurt. you go to the game hope your friend finds a real dive buddy

Oh no. Man I hate it when a total stranger makes me lose my best friend. Now I see the error of my ways. Thanks for pointing out my failings Mark. Will you ever forgive me.....can I forgive myself......Maybe you can be his "Real Dive Buddy". Boy do I envy you.

Easy there slugger. Remember what assuming does... For the record, the real reason he didn't dive was that he thought 65 degrees was too cold to dive and he didn't feel like driving an hour to the dive boat.

You really need to lighten up.

jeepbrew
02-23-2008, 08:02
I vote for diving, but then again, I don't care anythig about the Mets.

jbres1
02-23-2008, 14:19
How about doing both ?

I am not a Met's fan, but I will be there for the Marlin's opening series against the Met's. Well , we will be there for the second game ( April 1 ) diving on Sunday and Monday before.
Jim breslin

Osprey
02-23-2008, 20:10
If it isn't the cards you'll find me in the water

see ya!!

Soonerwink
02-23-2008, 21:11
I vote to take your daughter, these are memories that she will have for many years. Spring training games are a blast. I bet your daughter will have a good chance at getting a foul ball. The players are always throwing them to fans and it seems most of the time they give them to little cute girls. Now, if your daughter can't make it. Go Dive!

scubajane
02-24-2008, 18:00
let's see 3 important pieces... in order of importance.
daughter
diving
Mets (Im a Pirate fan)

daughter trumps everything....enjoy the game
You'll have time to dive after she moves out in about 16 years

pnevai
02-27-2008, 01:17
Go to the game, the diving in the St Lucie area is not that great anyways this time of year. With the Marlins finally getting thier own Covered stadium now the NL east is going to be interesting in the next couple of years. Try to get to the stadium early, the players are much more approachable in the more relaxed atmosphere of spring training games. My sone lives up there and is friends with several of the pitching staff.