PDA

View Full Version : Kauai Diving/Snorkeling or whatever

cnackeru
02-24-2008, 15:41
Looking for any suggestions/recommedations regarding the 5 W's (you know, who, what, when...) for diving and/or snorkeling in Kauai. I have seen some chatter on some of the forums about Kauai. If you have anything that might be of interest or can recommend I would appreciate it. Four person group with little to no salt water dives and very few fresh water dives. We are all approaching AARP eligibility so, not seeking any record setting activities but, we don't shy away from adventure. My buddy (wife) and I will have almost two weeks to enjoy with the other couple joining us the second week. Chime in if you would.

PhD4JC
06-09-2008, 10:26
I just came back from diving Curacao, and all I can think about is my time in Kauai last summer.
I definitely recommend Bubbles Below and the Dive Master JOE.
Joe dives with a slate so that he can "tell" you about all the kewl stuff you're seeing underwater. Joe misses NOTHING!
Bubbles Below Scuba Hawaii - Scuba Dive Kauai and Niihau (http://www.bubblesbelowkauai.com)

I dived the NaPali coast, INCREDIBLE!!!! Tons of fishes, great visibility, sharks and turtles on every dive. THe only challenge was the surge underwater, that rocks you back and forth several feet, but once you get passed that, it was incredible.

Snorkeling, I snorkled almost everywhere. I was there for 10 days, and snorkeled every afternoon and most mornings (when I was not diving).

Right outside the SHeraton on the South Shores was memorable, as was Kii (I think) beach, which is the last beach on the North shore.

I purchased "The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook" by Wizard Publications, which was the second best purchase I made for the trip (1st best purchase was my underwater digital camera)

i could go on and on and on. Kauai has been the best dive I have ever done, I hear that NiHau (i know I messed up that spelling) is even better.

The fish are NOT shy, and pose for the camera all the time.

The colors were incredible.

If you have specific questions, please ask, or IM me.

fisheater
06-10-2008, 00:30
Check out Fathom Five, for shore diving at both Koloa Landing (south shore) and Tunnels (north shore), for boat diving (in 6 packs) along the south shore and more adventuresome boat diving (in a larger 6 pack) to Ni'ihau.