PDA

View Full Version : Complete Underwater Digital Camera Setup

BigASG
07-30-2007, 19:52
I have an Olympus C-5050 with an Olympus U/W housing and a Sea and Sea YS-90-DX strobe for sale. This thing takes great pictures & I was hoping my wife would use it after I invested in a housing for my Nikon DSLR. I also have a Pelican case for it. If you're interested, I can send more info. I just hate to see it sitting in my back room.:smiley33:

Ok, I've researched and asked a few folks and came up with the following package price:

Here's what you get: Olympus C-5050 Digital Camera, Olympus PT-015 Housing, Sea and Sea YS90-DX Strobe, Housing handle mount (Rotates 90 degrees), Mounting Arms, Fiber Optic Cable, Pelican 1520 waterproof case with dividers, and new spare o-ring. New cost was over $2,500, will sell the complete package for $750.

All of the equipment is in excellent condition and was in perfect working order when I used it last year. Please ask me any questions you might have. Thanks.

paintballindivr
07-30-2007, 19:56
im interested but lmk cause im fixin to buy a car so lmk

BigASG
07-30-2007, 20:11
What would you like to know about it?

JahJahwarrior
07-30-2007, 21:16
What would you like to know about it?

Most likely, an asking price :) (either that or if a car is included.)

BigASG
07-31-2007, 08:24
At this point I haven't a clue. I will try to pull my original sales invoices and figure out a fair price in the next day or so. I wasn't expecting such quick responses, sorry.

All out of spare cars, so car is not included.

JahJahwarrior
07-31-2007, 09:14
Just sell it to me for $50 shipped, sound fair? :)

An asking price helps alot, anyone who looks at the thread can say "Well, I don't really need a camera, but man, that's a good price! I think I'll pm him!" It helps generate alot more interest in your product. Find a price you think is fair (maybe 75% of original price? How old is it? In perfect shape?) and then add a little onto it. Someone will email you and possibly offer you lower, which is why you ask for a little more than you expect to get, and tell people you are willing to talk about the price. :)

Really, if you sold it for $50 I'd have themoney to you tonight somehow someway :) But alas, you want more than that I'm sure, and my land photography gear eats up my money :( I'd get into UW photography, but then I'd need strobes and housings and cases, then I'd never know which lense I should use (how can you go down with only one lense? I'd go nuts! On land, I carry about 5 with me!)......

Pictures also help. When people see a picture of something, they want it more. That's why you let people test drive a car, once they've been in it, they want it!

So, pictures and an asking price!

Harshal
07-31-2007, 13:59

An asking price helps alot, anyone who looks at the thread can say "Well, I don't really need a camera, but man, that's a good price! I think I'll pm him!" It helps generate alot more interest in your product. Find a price you think is fair (maybe 75% of original price? How old is it? In perfect shape?) and then add a little onto it. Someone will email you and possibly offer you lower, which is why you ask for a little more than you expect to get, and tell people you are willing to talk about the price. :)

Really, if you sold it for $50 I'd have themoney to you tonight somehow someway :) But alas, you want more than that I'm sure, and my land photography gear eats up my money :( I'd get into UW photography, but then I'd need strobes and housings and cases, then I'd never know which lense I should use (how can you go down with only one lense? I'd go nuts! On land, I carry about 5 with me!)......

Pictures also help. When people see a picture of something, they want it more. That's why you let people test drive a car, once they've been in it, they want it!

So, pictures and an asking price!

Can I bid for $51...........lol

BigASG
07-31-2007, 21:24
I have an Olympus C-5050 with an Olympus U/W housing and a Sea and Sea YS-90-DX strobe for sale. This thing takes great pictures & I was hoping my wife would use it after I invested in a housing for my Nikon DSLR. I also have a Pelican case for it. If you're interested, I can send more info. I just hate to see it sitting in my back room.:smiley33:

Ok, I've researched and asked a few folks and came up with the following package price:

Here's what you get: Olympus C-5050 Digital Camera, Olympus PT-015 Housing, Sea and Sea YS90-DX Strobe, Housing handle / mount (Rotates 90 degrees), Mounting Arms, Fiber Optic Cable, Pelican 1520 waterproof case with dividers, and new spare o-ring. New cost was over $2,500, will sell the complete package for $750.

All of the equipment is in excellent condition and was in perfect working order when I used it last year. Please ask me any questions you might have. Thanks.

BigASG
08-11-2007, 17:22
I can send sample pictures taken with this camera to see the quality of the photo.

:smiley2:

namabiru
08-12-2007, 10:47

Really, if you sold it for $50 I'd have themoney to you tonight somehow someway :)

Heh. If the setup were just $50 I'd be fighting you tooth and nail for it, as would many other divers. There'd be blood shed, my friend.

torrey
08-12-2007, 15:50
You might want to change your price in your original post...it still shows $950, but further down you set it at $850.

By the way, I used to have one of these and they really do take some nice pictures. The lens is capable of F1.8, so it works well in low-light conditions.

BigASG
08-13-2007, 19:09
Thanks, I lowered the price but didn't change the original. I'm half tempted to just hang onto it as a back-up. It does take some fantastic shots.

namabiru
08-13-2007, 19:32
Yeah, I've heard good things about the camera. Plus you never know... you'd go and do something silly like flood your primary camera, or get a charming dive buddy named namabiru who wanted to snap a few shots during the dive... *nudge nudge* :smiley36: