PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference between ....

scuba pup
02-27-2008, 21:16
this might be silly but
what is the difference between the bladders of the stiletto,brigade ,escape, the zena 2nd edition, and the scout 35?
are they all the same bladder ? 35lbs?

will they all attach to a ranger harness?
is the scout 24 still avaliable
will that attach to a ranger?

whats the formula for the minimum lift i need?
-------------------------------------------
yes i just bought ,,and am still keen to spend (a light weight travel bladder to attach to the ranger , and can i get it in colours,of coarse!!!!
im saving for egypt for xmas ...lol

rye_a
02-27-2008, 21:59
Scott Zeagle probably would have answered you by now, but he is in Korea at a trade show.

scuba pup
03-09-2008, 21:29
just wondering ??

deepdiver47
03-10-2008, 07:23
this might be silly but
what is the difference between the bladders of the stiletto,brigade ,escape, the zena 2nd edition, and the scout 35?

is the scout 24 still available

whats the formula for the minimum lift i need?
-------------------------------------------
yes i just bought ,,and am still keen to spend (a light weight travel bladder to attach to the ranger , and can i get it in colors,of coarse!!!!
I'm saving for Egypt for xmas ...lol

I purchased my Ranger 5 years ago and late last year retrofitted it with an Escape bladder which it is now called a Brigade. Switching out the bladders was a tooless operation, easy, real easy. It has made a huge difference in space in my bag, huge.

As far as missing the 44lb lift, no issues at all. I don't put any air in it anyway :) Seriously, unless you are going to dive doubles that 44 lb bladder is overkill.

Also, I ended up by selling my old Ranger bladder on this board and the net cost afterwords essentially a wash. It was a win/win for me.
PM me if you want more details

ScottZeagle
03-10-2008, 08:30
this might be silly but

is the scout 24 still avaliable

The Stiletto and 2008 Escape use the same bladder.

The Brigade and the old version of the Escape use a bladder that is basically the same, just a little lighter weight. All of these bladders are 35lbs lift, with a 24 and 44lb version available.

The 35lb Scout bladder is exactly the same as the Stiletto bladder, but the Scout comes standard with a 24lb bladder made of the same material.

The Zena uses a little different bladder...same material as the Stiletto, just cut differently.

All of these bladders, except the Zena bladder, will attach to the Ranger BC.

Hope that helps.

Scott

scuba pup
03-21-2008, 20:11

johnyringo
03-21-2008, 23:37
Yup, thanks Scott.