PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Zeagle Zena

rfreddo
02-28-2008, 14:28
In measuring for the 3 components, waist and bust sizes are obvious. How is the torso length measurement to be taken?

Thanks in advance.

No Misses
02-28-2008, 14:39
Try this...It is the standard for measuring for a backpack. I hope this helps.

Have a friend locate the bony bump at the base of your neck, where the slope of your shoulder meets your neck. This is your 7th cervical (or C7) vertebra. Tilt your head forward to locate it more easily.
Using a flexible tape measure, your friend should start at that spot and measure downward along your spine.
Place your hands on your hips so you can feel your iliac crest, which serves as the "shelf" of your pelvic girdle. (It's the first hard thing you feel when you run your fingers down from the sides of your ribcage.) Position your hands so your thumbs are reaching behind you.
Have your friend finish measuring at the point where the tape crosses an imaginary line drawn between your thumbs. This distance is your torso length.

rfreddo
02-28-2008, 17:02
Wow! That's a great explanation. Thanks! :smiley32: Maybe Scott will pay you to post it on his website!

rfreddo
02-29-2008, 09:45
Back to the drawing board. Unfortunately the method recommended above resulted in a measurement that would call for the large version of the Zena. At 5' 4", something tells me that's not right! :smiley5:

Thanks for the suggestion no misses! It was worth a try. :smiley32:

No Misses
02-29-2008, 09:55
Oops. sorry. Have you tried calling Zeagle and/or ST?

For the diverite BC's you measure from the top of your shoulder down the fron to your waist. (I could not find anything on the Zeagle site).

http://diveriteexpress.com/bcs/img/t2sizing.gif

azdiver
02-29-2008, 17:04
Back to the drawing board. Unfortunately the method recommended above resulted in a measurement that would call for the large version of the Zena. At 5' 4", something tells me that's not right! :smiley5:

Thanks for the suggestion no misses! It was worth a try. :smiley32:

You would probably need a medium for the torso... I'm 5'6" and am debating about buying one. I tired on a scout and the medium length was perfect!

fisheater
02-29-2008, 18:23
Don't guess or fret.

Just call ScubaToys and ask for Joe. He's the maestro of Zeagle fitting.