PDA

View Full Version : Dallas/Fort Worth Diving

cyclone3565
02-29-2008, 06:49
After years of diving locally at Lake Murray and Clear Springs, we were wondering if anyone know if there is decent diving anywhere else nearby. We are somewhat tired of those two sites. We were thinking about trying Grapevine lake, just to get wet, see what it is all about, thus avoiding the two hour drive. It is very close to us. Temps, vis, anything. All Feedback and advise is appreciated

TRACI
02-29-2008, 07:58
Possum Kingdom? I have never been there, but no a few people who have, said the diving was pretty good.

cyclone3565
02-29-2008, 08:10
We dove Possom Kingdom last year, and were not impressed. We might give it another try. Back then it might have had to do with the weather as well, raining that day. Thanks for your help.

texdiveguy
02-29-2008, 08:24
You have very few good options.

Murray....PK....CSSP....Whitney....Tyler SP......all within an easy drive of FTW.

Travis....Stillhouse....Blue Lagoon......still good day trip locations.

Broken Bow......can be a long day trip or easy over nighter.

There are 'other spots' I have dove that I did not list but this is a pretty good list. All have their pros and cons.

cyclone3565
02-29-2008, 08:34
Thanks TexDiveguy,

of all of those Stillhouse is the best, but Belton is too far for what we want to do this weekend. We have been to all of them, except for Tyler SP. What is it like there?

texdiveguy
02-29-2008, 08:43
Thanks TexDiveguy,

of all of those Stillhouse is the best, but Belton is too far for what we want to do this weekend. We have been to all of them, except for Tyler SP. What is it like there?

Its a great little SP....diving is shallow say in the 25' range except near the earthen dam were it gets a bit deeper. Vis is never real good,,,,but its wet and usually a lot of fish activity. There is one good sized brush pile that is fun the hang out near and watch the fish. Just for a day trip and a few basic dives and a picnic and park stroll its not bad.