Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apollo Bio-Tank Lock (Review)

Guppy
    Yet still no solution......................................

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by CARDIVER View Post
    I have the tank lock also. I don't have to tighten that often, but maybe every 20 dives or so. It deffinately defeats it's purpose and I'd love to hear from the mfg. on this topic.
    I'm confused on what you mean - you don't have to tighten it - and that's a problem??
    Last edited by ScubaToys Larry; 09-16-2007 at 10:20.

Guppy
    I meant that after 20 or so dives you have to un thread the whole thing and take more slack out of the strap. The webbing stretches and after a while it doesnt matter how tight you close the clamp, it wont get tight enough.

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Oh... Ok.. I got it. I've never really run into that. To tighten it up just a little bit is pretty quick... you shouldn't have to unthread the whole thing, just pull a little more webbing through one side.

That is one thing about the bio lock is going from one size tank to another takes about a minute to readjust - say from an al 80 to an al 100, but they have just started shipping a new version that will allow for easy tightening without having to even take it off the tank.

Now the webbing comes out on top with a new designed threading system:

Thanks for the review. I might be looking into one of those, just adding it to the wish list.

Guppy Founding Member
    Images
    I just got a pair of these, I wish I knew the new version was coming out :-). Basically they are great, except for the resizing everyone is talking about. As simple as can be to install on your BC. THe one thing to watch out for is most dive ops don't know how to use them, so you have to kinda watch over the guy attaching your tank, which I do anyway...

TadPole
    Bought one for myself and my husband. I have limited grip strength and always had to ask someone else to tighten my strap cause the strap just slipped through my fingers. Not any more! I love my tank lock, even with the resizing issues. I do have to show the dive ops how to adjust - they're always keen to learn so I like to think I'm paving the way for future tank lock users.

TadPole
    These were on my short list to buy from ST - but looks like resizing from one tank size to another takes a while. My buddy has 130s and I have 100s - so we share the tanks to match each others bottom time. These locks sound like they would complicate that process

Does it really take a minute to resize?

TadPole
    I have over 14 new dives on mine. Very nice and easy to use. It was certainly a discussion piece on my latest trip. I would recommend the lock, especially, to those with a single tank strap BCD.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJimmy View Post
    These were on my short list to buy from ST - but looks like resizing from one tank size to another takes a while. My buddy has 130s and I have 100s - so we share the tanks to match each others bottom time. These locks sound like they would complicate that process

Does it really take a minute to resize?
    Yes. If you're switching tank sizes a lot, you'd be happier with something else, I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information