Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ordered from www.unrealfind.com

Grouper

Has anyone ordered from www.unrealfind.com

I'm a college kid with very little money. I found a deal on a Mares MR 12 Proton Regulator at Mares MR12 Proton Regulator 1st & 2nd: unrealfind
    Now I know that they are not an authorized dealer, but they are selling this reg for half the price that I have seen it everywhere else. Has anyone ever ordered from them before, and if so, how was your experience? Also what am I actually risking by buying this reg without a warranty. I mean, if I save $170 on it now, I can pay out of pocket to have it serviced in the future if I have problems and still come out ahead right? Well just let me know what you think.
    Thanks,
    Trey

Grouper
    This is the one I just got (Not wet yet). ST has it listed at $199, I bet if you talk to someone and give them the link to what you found they might be able to come close.
    "I'm going where the weather suits my clothes" Fred Neil / Jimmy Buffett
    "Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" Mark Twain

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarinMartell View Post
    This is the one I just got (Not wet yet). ST has it listed at $199, I bet if you talk to someone and give them the link to what you found they might be able to come close.
    Good advice. AND you'll have free shipping, a full warranty and great customer service. Give ScubaToys a call (don't rely upon the internet prices .)

TadPole
    Actually it's cheaper to order from here. From what I can remember, being a forum member, you get a 10% discount from the price if you call in your order. I also see that have more then 10 posts, so you should qualify for a free $10 gift certificate.

Starting price: $199
    After 10% discount: 179.10
    After $10 gift certificate: 169.10

The only stipulation is that you have to call them on the phone and mention that your a member of the forum.

In case I'm wrong, can anybody else tell me I'm right about this?

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FBH1 View Post
    Actually it's cheaper to order from here. From what I can remember, being a forum member, you get a 10% discount from the price if you call in your order. I also see that have more then 10 posts, so you should qualify for a free $10 gift certificate.

Starting price: $199
    After 10% discount: 179.10
    After $10 gift certificate: 169.10

The only stipulation is that you have to call them on the phone and mention that your a member of the forum.

In case I'm wrong, can anybody else tell me I'm right about this?
    I usually order on line and put "Scuba Toys Forum Member: Navyhmc" in the comments/special instructions box. Never had a problem getting the discount.

TadPole
    I just know that I saw something (can't find it now) that said that you had to call in to get the discount.

Barracuda Founding Member
    No you don't have to call, BUT the online system may not credit the 10% so they will do it when they read your comment about being a member.

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    I usually order on line and put "Scuba Toys Forum Member: Navyhmc" in the comments/special instructions box. Never had a problem getting the discount.
    That's always worked for me as well. Just can't beat that 10% discount.
    We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

I don't call, putting something in the comment has worked for me.

Guppy Founding Member
    All of my orders are online with the rare exception that I get to drive down to the store. I've never put anything about being a member in the comments section and I've always gotten my 10% discount. Probably should just to avoid any issues but I figure it must be posted to my account there. To the OP, I've never bought anything from Unreal Find but I did find a mask on there and asked ST to match the price (put it in the comments section along with link to mask) and they did. Didn't get the 10% off of the matched price but that is fine. For the same price ST will always get my bidness and I've yet to see them beaten on any advertised price which is why they always do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information