Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best place to stay / best dive op in Coz?

Grouper

Best place to stay / best dive op in Coz?

I am planning a trip to Cozumel this year & wondered what you guys think is the best place to stay & best dive op... I am thinking of staying at Caribe Blu & I believe they have their own dive op, or is there a better dive op to use???

Thanks for your help!
    "For man's true purpose is to live, not to waste time merely sustaining himself." - Jack London

Guppy
    I've always used Dive Paradise and have always been very happy with their service. I've stayed in what is now called Hotel Cozumel and have been happy. It is middle of the road as far as price and it's close enough to the plaza that you can walk. I think now you can go all-inclusive or room only. I'd go room only so you can try the different restaraunts the island has to offer. Just my 2 cents...

When are you going? I'm thinking about another trip there this summer myself...

Barracuda
    Images

Talking

Just Dove blue Angel (connected to Caribe blu) They were great! If you have none divers you might think about staying in town at Villa Las Anclas (same owner) Don Pedro will give you a ride to Blue Angel every morning in his super fine 7 series. If you are just dive, dive, diving Caribe Blu should be great.
    If anyone in your group wants a snorkel boat trip, book a snorkel only trip, NOT the Blu Angel dive/snorkel boat. Ask to dive Punta Sur and Santa Rosa wall. both awsome.

We've stayed at Caribe Blu and used Blue Angel a few times, booking their package deals. Hotel is basic, clean and right on the water - which is great. Dive op runs small, fast 6 pack boats. Our favorite DM is Jorge, but he's very popular so it's hard to get on his boat sometimes ....

We also use Scuba with Alison, who has become a good friend. We always have a blast when diving with her.

TadPole
    Images
    We just got back from 2 weeks diving with Blue Angel, stayed at Las Anclas. Our 3rd time with Blue Angel, 4th time at Las Anclas. For the value, can't be beat.

Grouper
    im on the caribe blu/blue angel band wagon as well:
    great, clean, warm friendly, efficient fast boats with captains that pluck you out of the current and dms that know what they are doing. This is really a top operation. Definately hit the main dive sites, SR Wall in included, but listen to your DM re: diving Punta Sur, there are days you really shouldnt be diving down there, even with experienced divers.
    Have a great trip! And eat well, the food in town is a blast, and not very expensive.

Grouper
    Thanks everyone for the great info!! DiverDan, I'm thinking of heading down there sometime in June. If I don't get it done then, I may go down in November...
    "For man's true purpose is to live, not to waste time merely sustaining himself." - Jack London

Barracuda
    I've heard good things about Caribe Blu and Blue Angel, but I've never used them. I'm a Fiesta Americana & Papa Hogs kinda guy.
    Some people are like a Slinky, not really good for anything but they do make you smile when you push them down stairs.

Barracuda
    I have dove with Blue Angel three times, stayed at Caribe Blue twice. Thinking about heading down there this summer myself, but probably going with Occidental Grand since the wife and kid will be going, and well since they are girly girls they like to be pampered. Me? I just wanna dive, dive and dive. I am just 5 dives shy of 100, so will probably hit that mark down there this summer.

Grouper Founding Member
    Love Raul at bottomtimedivers.net. If you like a small fast boat with no one on it, then he is the person to book with! This will be the third time we've dove with him and he is the most accommodating person I know! Not to mention he takes your gear if you do multiple dives with him. Love not having to deal with gear on my vacation.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information