Thread: Welcome to AUE, www.diveaue.com

Grouper
    Images

Talking Welcome to AUE, www.diveaue.com

Welcome to Atlanta Underwater Explorers.

If you're in the Atlanta area, please feel welcome to attend our monthly meetings.

We typically meet the 1st Saturday of the Month at 3pm at the East Atlanta Library Branch, 400 Flat Shoals Ave. NE. (unless there is a scheduled dive/filedtrip or holiday weekend)

Come to food, fun, fellowship and to hone your diving craft.

Barracuda
    Images
    When I saw AUE, I expected it to be Association of Underwater Explorers. http://uwex.us/

The Association of Underwater Explorers (AUE), founded in 1996 by Michael Barnette, is a group of avid shipwreck explorers working to expand the base of knowledge on submerged cultural resources. AUE is not a dive club. Over the years, we have explored numerous notable shipwrecks, including the U.S.S. Monitor, Andrea Doria, U.S.S. Wilkes Barre, Queen of Nassau (formerly the C.G.S. Canada), U.S.S. Virginia, and the H.M.H.S. Britannic. Frequently the first to visit new shipwreck sites, we have also identified almost two dozen unidentified vessels. Most of our group are also highly experienced cave divers. Outside of our wreck and cave diving activities, AUE has also contributed to the biological and geological sciences, collaborating with various state and federal agencies. Our divers have participated or been featured in, or provided technical guidance on, several television programs airing on The Discovery Channel and The History Channel, as well as documented in numerous newspaper and magazine articles; some of these may be read HERE.
    * If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes *

Grouper
    Images

Sorry not us.
    AUE (Atlanta Underwater Explorers) was formed in early 1992 with 6 founding members.
    http://www.diveaue.com/History.html

I do not have a list of our experiences and involvement as a club, but we or our members have been featured in various magazines, for our involement with the Georgia Aquarium, GPTV, various documentaries and marine research (http://www.theguerreroproject.org/) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by No Misses View Post
    When I saw AUE, I expected it to be Association of Underwater Explorers. http://uwex.us/

The Association of Underwater Explorers (AUE), founded in 1996 by Michael Barnette, is a group of avid shipwreck explorers working to expand the base of knowledge on submerged cultural resources. AUE is not a dive club. Over the years, we have explored numerous notable shipwrecks, including the U.S.S. Monitor, Andrea Doria, U.S.S. Wilkes Barre, Queen of Nassau (formerly the C.G.S. Canada), U.S.S. Virginia, and the H.M.H.S. Britannic. Frequently the first to visit new shipwreck sites, we have also identified almost two dozen unidentified vessels. Most of our group are also highly experienced cave divers. Outside of our wreck and cave diving activities, AUE has also contributed to the biological and geological sciences, collaborating with various state and federal agencies. Our divers have participated or been featured in, or provided technical guidance on, several television programs airing on The Discovery Channel and The History Channel, as well as documented in numerous newspaper and magazine articles; some of these may be read HERE.

Grouper
    Nice to see NABS has a presence on this board. I am not near a local chapter but am a national member. If I am in Atlanta I will definitely look up you guys.

TadPole

Getting started

Hi PhD4JC,

I came across this site by accident while trying to direct someone else to AUE. I have sent an email to your clubs President for information. I would love to attend one of your meetings, are they still scheduled for the 1st Saturday of the Month?

If you would let me know I would appreciate it. I am so excited about this decision and I am ready to get started. When learning what equipment would I need to purchase? Whatever information you can provide would be appreciated.

Welcome, but here is a link that works:
    http://www.diveaue.org/
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Grouper
    Images
    It's been awhile since I logged into ST.

SkuaSeptember, thanks for the link, AUE's website is in (perpetual?) transition

Sunflower, yes, we still meet the 1st Saturday of most months, unless there is a holiday or other NABS meeting (1st September was Labor Day weekend, 1st August was annual TABS WHitewater rafting trip)

Thread Information