Thread: amended f@#king coz.

Guppy Founding Member

Red face ammended troubles in coz.

first, all apologies to everybody.i should cool off before i go and rant like that. its hard to watch your dive boat leaving without you. when we arrived at the hotel the rooms were not ready and our luggage was put away (by hotel staff) til they were. then its time to go dive (rooms still not ready), i go to where my stuff should be and its not there, my roomie's stuff was there with everyone else's. then i asked where it was and they shrugged there shoulders and asked me where i left it, boom, there goes the temper. they did'nt act like it was a big deal and took there time figuring out what to do and the dive boat is waiting on me.so they go dive and i sit and steam and see a open computer. two hours later they come with my stuff and ask if its mine and it was. nobody knows how it got in somebody elses cause no bellboy fest up and the people in the room where not there. as for renting gear, all my stuff is custom for my size, 5x and longer hoses for the extra reach around. but the rest of my trip was spectacular, if you have'nt dove a cenote, don't die before you do. thanks for all the help and suggestions.
    Last edited by gunnarman; 04-01-2008 at 23:59.
    ever wonder why god gave you 2 ears and only one mouth?

Grouper
    No need to apoligize, I'd have been lighting someone up with management if I got that kind of attitude from the staff. I work in high-end hotels and anyone who pulled that "Where'd you leave it?" BS would be looking for a new job by the end of the day.
    Is that an SMB in your wetsuit or are you just happy to see me?

Barracuda
    Glad to hear you got your gear and salvaged the trip! No worries about being pissed off, anyone would have been!
    Some people are like a Slinky, not really good for anything but they do make you smile when you push them down stairs.

Troubles in Coz

What hotel was involved? My experiences have been excellent, but Murphy's Law applies everywhere as we know.

Grouper
    I am glad to hear that it all worked out. Like I said before, I have stayed their a few time's and have never had any problems with the staff or hotel. We have had family members having problems with lost bags, but that was through the fault of the airline.

TadPole
    Yeah, it did suck leaving the dock without everyone, but glad to see you on the boat the next day (and hope you enjoyed the nap).

I didn't have any problems with Casa del Mar, but if they took my bags and couldn't find them, I'd have gone super mental and threw a major fit. The check-in process was completely insane, some people didn't have a room ready.

The dos ojos cenotes were beyond anything I was expecting, and if you're anywhere near Cozumel/Cancun/Playa del Carmen, call Aquatech dive center and arrange a trip to Akumal.

Barracuda
    Sorry to hear that, I have stayed at Casa Del Mar 5 times and have never had any issues staying there, but I have learned not to depend on my room to ever be ready when I arrive regardless where we stay, in Cozumel, and if it is, I just consider it a bonus.

Images
    I think just about anyone would've been PO'd if their gear came up missing. I'm surprised you didn't start "pinching" heads off at the neck with the response you got.
    "NoTime58"

Thread Information