Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trip in feb 2009

TadPole

trip in feb 2009

where should I go. been to the philippines. looking for somewhere new. where have you been that you would go back?

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fishome25 View Post
    where should I go. been to the philippines. looking for somewhere new. where have you been that you would go back?
    Palau, which I came back from a few weeks ago. The place is awesome.
    Bali is another place that is nice in the summer months

Where did you go in the PI?
    There are those dives that make you question your sanity, if not the need to seek immediate counseling.

Funeral Jorunna
    Lembeh Strait or Raja Ampat both in Indonesia. Not only would I go back I am. Will be my 3rd time at Lembeh and 2nd time in Raja. Some of the best diving on the planet. If you liked the Philippines you'll love either of these places. Palau ain't to shabby either.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

TadPole
    I went to Dumaguete, alona beach, and cabiloa.

What I'm worried about is the rainy season in some places in feb.

Shark
    ChinaCat told me about Lembeh and Raja...It was better than he said...I'm headed back in October....Palau I have been to 8 times...need I say more?

Guppy
    Images

We're spending a month doing exploratory diving on the south shore of New Britain Island in PNG during Feb. Why not come with us? We might just find the next "hot spot" of diving. We will be on the FeBrina liveaboard.

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by allison finch View Post

We're spending a month doing exploratory diving on the south shore of New Britain Island in PNG during Feb. Why not come with us? We might just find the next "hot spot" of diving. We will be on the FeBrina liveaboard.
    That sounds like a great trip...but a month on a liveaboard....for a guy who gets seasick walking in the rain and does does not like small spaces....Hmmm...thanks for thinking of me....but the next time you have a group doing a land based....Keep me in mind

Grouper
    Tamalewood (Albuquerque NM), United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fishome25 View Post
    Since you are asking about Pacific destinations:

what did you like in the Philippines? Do you have a price range? Traveling alone or with another diver/non-diver? How many dives per day do you want to do? Topside activities or just dive dive dive?

I am a liveaboard fan so I would say book a liveaboard to get the most out of the trip. Here are a few suggestions:

Palau is about the most amazing diving anywhere but it is high-adrenaline diving and best from a liveaboard. It isn't cheap either. Lots of big animals, sharks on every dive, lots of deep dives, drift dives, blue holes, channels... check out Eco Explorer or Palau Aggressor or Palau Ocean Hunter.

Hawaii is good for a mix of topside activities along with 2 dives per day. Big island has volcanos and rainforests, fun stuff to do when not diving. Check out the Kona Aggressor.

Fiji is supposed to be fantastic diving, also. The soft coral and rainbow of colors underwater are supposed to be the prettiest anywhere. Lots of great land-based operations to choose from or the Fiji Aggressor.

Best place to see little crittters is Indonesia but it may be too similar to Philippines in that respect. If you want different I would go to one of the others mentioned.

Barracuda
    Images

Interesting.

I am going to Lissenung Island in November. I have some friends that used to work there and they are coming too. Just to show me the best spots.

Lissenung Island Resort/Lissenung Diving, Kavieng, PNG - scuba diving Kavieng, Papua New Guinea PNG

Aussie

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post

Interesting.

I am going to Lissenung Island in November. I have some friends that used to work there and they are coming too. Just to show me the best spots.

Lissenung Island Resort/Lissenung Diving, Kavieng, PNG - scuba diving Kavieng, Papua New Guinea PNG

Aussie
    Being I am not a LOB person I'll look forward to your report....Trying to find something that can beat Papua

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information