Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need motivation??

Need motivation??

Would anyone be keen on a motivational thread?? Might help to keep some of us motivated in a fitness regime that we would otherwise not do!! Okay, okay, so maybe I just need some motivation. Anyone want to join me? Push me off the couch/computer seat?

I realised yesturday that there is only 1 month of winter left, so my weak excuse of 'it's winter and I'm not diving so I'm not exercising' is wearing thin. Especially when I want to be ready to jump in the water on the first warm day. I did start yesturday with what I thought were some very light exercises. My legs are killing me today. Arms are fine (which is odd as I have trouble lifting gear at the best of times) but the legs, oh the legs. Just as well I have a cruisy office job and was able to sit down most of the day. But I was like a little old lady when I had to get up. How sad is that!!!

Instructor, Technical & Cave Diver "Forum Admin" TommyB's Avatar
    Images
    Here ya go,
    Get off the couch and you can come to texas (well in about a week I'll be re-located to FL. and you can come fishing / diving with us-

hmm, I could always ban your IP, then you'd not see our little community and you'd have to get out from behind that monitor and go play outside

(I even got a boat you can come drive )--
    If a boat has a motor, do you drive it, or sail it..
    I don't have no stinking sail-boat--
    Tommy Burchfield Naui/TDI/SDI
    if ( $clue == \'none\' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
    if ( $answer == 0 ){ post->question }

Quote Originally Posted by ntburchf View Post
    hmm, I could always ban your IP, then you'd not see our little community and you'd have to get out from behind that monitor and go play outside
    Nooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by ntburchf View Post
    Here ya go,
    Get off the couch and you can come to texas (well in about a week I'll be re-located to FL. and you can come fishing / diving with us-

(I even got a boat you can come drive )--
    If a boat has a motor, do you drive it, or sail it..
    I don't have no stinking sail-boat--
    I actually did visit Dallas a few years back ... if only I had known about ST then, I may not have left!! I missed out on visiting Florida though. That's a big move, isn't it?

One of my goals this year is to learn to drive a boat too ... my dad is about to go and buy a new, bigger one that is suitable for them to go fishing, and me to go diving. My only request was that it had a toilet. Oh I'm such a girl! I'm sure I'll be fine without a toilet. They don't all have them and I've gotten by in the past. No seriously, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. She'll be right.

Yes it really was a joking request although my dad being my lovely dad has actually gone out and looked at what would be required to put a toilet in the new boat. Awww wasn't that nice? Cheers dad!

fitness

Hi All, i could use a little motivation and maybe some ideas... I broke my leg in march { trashed it, think "Barbaro" more then 10 less then 20 peices} when i try to swim { 1 hour a day 3 days a week} i feel like a 3 legged dog. any suggestions ? i still can't bear weight on it so any exersices must be done in the water ? thanks for your help

Grouper Founding Member
    Picxie - I too work an office job, and am a certified couch potato on top of that! Sore muscles stink! (But think how much more you'll enjoy your diving once you get back in shape...)
    I'm in on the motivational thread - I can be lazy when it comes to getting up and going to the gym... I probably need the motivation, too. But I am going today after 2 days of rest after diving.
    Sounds like you have a great dad!

And NO blocking our IPs! (we have to have something to do to pass the time at work...)

Fox - that stinks about your leg. Are you doing PT for it? I don't have any suggestions, but best wishes for a successful rehab with it.
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Ok, so this is stolen from SB...

We could post pics of how much weight we have lost, using householf items. Gallons of water, diving lead, children... whatever reflects the amount of our loss. Hmmm, I've got alot of books, I could upload a pic of my weightloss in books, or diving mags!

Maybe seeing each other's successes (even small ones) can help keep the rest of us going.

I'm just so dang happy right now that I finally got off my plateau. I've held the same weight for the last 2 weeks, but this morning I had dropped another 2 pounds!

FD

TadPole Founding Member
    Just think:
    If you get in shape you'll;
    consume less oxygen
    wear less weight
    have longer dives
    find more lobster/scallops
    \"The Journey is the Destination\"

Grouper Founding Member
    FD - speaking of plateaus....

What I don't get is - I've been swimming laps since early June - about 3 times a week. I joined a gym about a month ago, and spend 15 - 20 mins on elliptical, 40 mins on a treadmill, and another 20 or so doing weights - alternating upper and lower body. Now I understand that muscle weighs more than fat, but I would have thought by now I would at least see something.... a couple of pounds, or maybe have kicked up my metabolism? But no! What's the deal?
    I'm all for posting photos relative to amounts lost, but this stinks!!
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

Barracuda
    Images
    Fire diver, what do we do if we bulk up? Post pictures of helium balloons?
    * If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes *

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by No Misses View Post
    Fire diver, what do we do if we bulk up? Post pictures of helium balloons?
    Naw, post pics of poundage of steak or fish, or something like that. Just make you explain it's muscle added.

FD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information