Thread: So CA Nitrox Fills ?

So CA Nitrox Fills ?

Just trying to get some ideas on the number of shops in the So CA area that do nitrox fills without having to do the PP blend in the tank. If you dive in So Ca, could you list the LDS that does your fills, preferably not boats ?

Thanks

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Hollywoodivers has a membrane system. That's pretty much the only place I get Nitrox these days, other than boats.

Aloha used to have a stik system in one of their shops, but they might be only PP now, since I know their one remaining shop (Woodland Hills) is PP.

Quote Originally Posted by CompuDude View Post
    Hollywoodivers has a membrane system. That's pretty much the only place I get Nitrox these days, other than boats.

Aloha used to have a stik system in one of their shops, but they might be only PP now, since I know their one remaining shop (Woodland Hills) is PP.
    Thanks for the info Compudude. Just trying to get an idea of if there are many that fill using other methods that PP but does not seem that there are. Looks like 02 clean tanks may be in order. The other thing that I was wondering was if from shop to shop they honor each other's 02 clean cert. It seemed to me that I had read the policy from Pac Wilderness and it read (at least my interpretation) that they had to clean the tank themselves prior to any fill since they use the PP method.

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Give Pac Wild a call and let them know your tank was o2 cleaned a xyz store, and ask them if they have an issue putting Nitrox in it.

Stores around here aren't as afraid at some normal, healthy competition (against other B&M shops... don't mention the dirty LP name, though!), unlike some other areas of the country I've heard many a horror story from.

Unless you want to maintain a set of tanks just for XYZ store, however, realize that only one of the boats use PP blending, so you can never take your o2 clean tanks on those boats for Nitrox or they'll no longer be o2 clean.

I wish everyone would just bite the bullet and switch to membrane, but since I live very close to Hollywoodivers, I don't really worry about it much.

Hollywoodivers: Membrane. Peace (boat): Membrane. Magician: Membrane. Sea Bass: Bank.

That's good enough for me to avoid o2 clean for everything other than my deco bottles...

Guppy
    labarties in costa mesa

laguna sea sports in laguna

I know they all do nitrox fills. But they are kind of pricey at $14 for laguna
    and 9 for labarties

Quote Originally Posted by chris in the socal View Post
    labarties in costa mesa

laguna sea sports in laguna

I know they all do nitrox fills. But they are kind of pricey at $14 for laguna
    and 9 for labarties
    It is too bad that when they do Nitrox fills that there is no standardization in the fill process so that from shop to shop your tank you bring in would not be in question. O2 cleaned for PP fills, not necessary for Membrane or banked fills etc.

So if you bite the bullet and have the tank o2 cleaned then you are resigned to having it dedicated to Nitrox until you may get fed up and take all the stickers off to use if for an air tank again.

And that is another issue, buying Nitrox can almost be like buying gasoline, depending on where you go of course !

Thanks for the sources though, have used Sea Sports before but never heard of the other shop, how do they fill ?

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Just trying to get some ideas on the number of shops in the So CA area that do nitrox fills without having to do the PP blend in the tank. If you dive in So Ca, could you list the LDS that does your fills, preferably not boats ?

Thanks
    Eco dive Center banks EAN32 and has a membrane system and will put nitrox in any tank. They are just off the 406 at Washington in Culver City

But call ahead. Every so often they get backloged due to running a nitrox class and the need to fill 10 tanks.

Pacific Wilderness does PP fills and can do technical mixes as well. But I think they can rent you a tank already filled

Thread Information