Page 946 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 4468468969369449459469479489569961046 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,460 of 10714

Thread: Ever feel like you're a thread killer?

Quote Originally Posted by scubajane View Post
    I have cookies and.... chocolate covered.....everything......
    REALLY! Chocolate covered...... EVERYTHING!

And I thought this was a FAMILY forum......

And nevermind the cookies, I need a sammich!!!
    Rockin it "OLD SKOOL" since 1973.....

Megalodon
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    And nevermind the cookies, I need a sammich!!!
    How about a chocolate covered bacon sammich?

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Funeral Jorunna
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    I am with you Chinacat. I think all teachers should carry. LOL
    You are obviously not with me and I find no humor in your comment. Trying to be cute after 20 children were sensely killed is nothing to joke about. If your opinion is to arm teachers you are entitled to that but please don't attribute that remark to me.
    If you get confused listen to the music play.
    To much of everything is just enough.

Images
    I got it Chinacat. It's okay for you to post about changing the gun laws and to use the massacre of 20 defenseless children to push your agenda.

The fact that you think I was tying to be funny about the massacre I find mean spirited.

Just imagine how that scenario would have played out if one or more teachers had been armed?
    --Zeagle Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by navyhmc View Post
    how about a chocolate covered bacon sammich?
    That's what i'm talkin about!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chinacat46 View Post
    CHINACAT46, I understand your thought, and yes it would be wonderful if we could keep mentally disturbed people or criminals from getting their hands on guns and killing ANYONE, much less 20 innocent 6 and 7 year olds.

But anyone, please tell me how?

Criminals are criminals because they do not obey the law, so making more laws to control guns only affect law-abiding citizens.

Mentally disturbed people also do not care about the law, and they have shown they will steal and kill to get their weapons. (As this kid did...)

Chicago and New York City have the toughest gun laws in the country, and all it does is give criminals the advantage because they know they have the advantage since law-abiding citizens can not defend themselves in their own homes. So despite these laws, Chicago and NYC have the highest level of gun violence in the country......

So how do we write even more legislation that will keep guns out of the hands of crazies and criminal, without violating the civil rights of law abiding citizens?

And there IS a representative from Minnesota, who is planning on introducing a bill for teachers to be armed. I'm sure it will never pass, just like the bill for pilots to be armed in the cockpit of their planes.

What happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School is truly tragic, and as a father, I cried thinking about "what if" my daughter, or niece, or nephew, or other family member had been killed. But violating everyone else's civil rights will not bring any of them back.

Images
    Texas, I believe has the first school in the nation where the teachers are now armed.

and pilots are armed in their planes. They are called FFDO's Federal Flight Deck Officers.
    Last edited by Zeagle Eagle; 12-19-2012 at 08:37.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Guppy
    The mass murder last Friday is a tragedy.
    I'm going to be very selfish and ask that, if there needs to be a political/gun control discussion related to/resulting from that tragedy, that said discussion be in its own thread.
    I come to this thread to laugh, to momentarily escape from that horror.
    No disrespect intended to those who have posted re gun control, etc.

Funeral Jorunna
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    The fact that you think I was tying to be funny about the massacre I find mean spirited.
    YOU put the LOL after your comment not me.

I have no problem with you pushing your agenda either. I just don't like you attributing remarks to me I didn't make. I did say you have the right to your oppinion.
    Last edited by chinacat46; 12-18-2012 at 11:24.

Funeral Jorunna
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post

But anyone, please tell me how?

Criminals are criminals because they do not obey the law, so making more laws to control guns only affect law-abiding citizens.

Mentally disturbed people also do not care about the law, and they have shown they will steal and kill to get their weapons. (As this kid did...)

Chicago and New York City have the toughest gun laws in the country, and all it does is give criminals the advantage because they know they have the advantage since law-abiding citizens can not defend themselves in their own homes. So despite these laws, Chicago and NYC have the highest level of gun violence in the country......
    Can't speak for Chicago but according to Mayor Bloomberg when they banned semi atuomatics in NYC the shootings dropped from 2400 a year to 400 a year.

Don't know if this would work in the US but we won't know if we don't try.

After a 1996 mass shooting, Australia enacted strict gun laws and it hasn't had a similar massacre since | syracuse.com

Page 946 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 4468468969369449459469479489569961046 ... LastLast

Thread Information