Thread: St Lawrence River

Barracuda Founding Member

St Lawrence River

Want to put a trip together to dive up there. Looking for info on dive charters, dive sites and other useful info.

Thanks

Shark Founding Member

Wink

There is a wealth of internet sites and data on that area//1000 Islands region also....you will find more than you have time to read....do a Google search and site back!

example: Bottom Time Dive Charters and Training - St. Lawrence River Charter Rates&Rentals

1000 Islands Diving Adventures
    Last edited by texdiveguy; 04-17-2008 at 10:22.
    PADI Divemaster, TDI Advanced Trimix

Barracuda Founding Member
    I am sure there is a ton of info on the net. It's doesn't tell me which shop is friendly and people have had good experiences at. Or try and hit this wreck it's worth it but this site is really a waste of time. This board is full of good diver who have dive all over. That's why I came here.

Shark Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by comet24 View Post
    I am sure there is a ton of info on the net. It's doesn't tell me which shop is friendly and people have had good experiences at. Or try and hit this wreck it's worth it but this site is really a waste of time. This board is full of good diver who have dive all over. That's why I came here.
    Just trying to lend a hand.....why not be a bit more specific to your trip plans.....this is a vast area and lots of opps..
    PADI Divemaster, TDI Advanced Trimix

Grouper
    I'll be going up in August to dive with Abucs Scuba Dive Brockville.com St Lawrence River, Ontario Canada . This will be my first time with them, however friends who are going along have used them before and speak well of them. If you stay in Brockville, the Comfort Inn there gives a significant divers discount. Online AAA rate is around $140/night and the divers rate is $95/night.

FWIW, A CT dive shop is doing a trip in late June and is using 1000 Islands Diving Adventures that texdiveguy also posted. Don't know anything about them, however, as this is the first time the shop is using them. You can stay at the Inn where Thousand Island salad dressing was invented, through this local service/shop.
    Last edited by Sansho; 06-11-2008 at 21:51.

Barracuda
    Images
    I don't know a lot about the dive shops in the area but for dive sites info you can check:
    Ontario Scuba Diving some nice pictures and descriptions
    Upper St. Lawrence Scuba Charter Association - USSCA
    Category:Ontario - DiveSpot a Wiki of brief dive descriptions

Grouper Founding Member
    I am from NYS originally and went to college up North, not too far across the board from Ottawa and a 2 hour drive from Montreal. So, if you need some info about things on land I am happy to help. Haven't dove the St. Lawrence because we didn't get certified until we moved to Texas. Definitely plan to though! Spent so much time up there between college and family trips to the 1000 Islands region and Adirondacks that it all feels like home.
    Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.

Thread Information