Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BC for the Mrs.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images

BC for the Mrs.

To all the ladies in the house:
    Anyone have any suggestions for a BC for my wife. She is very petite and prefers jacket style, but is looking at something light to travel with

Guppy
    It's not a jacket style, but I LOVE my Zeagle Zena. They come in small sizes, and would travel nicely. Have her try one on, or better yet try it in the pool!

Barracuda ST-Forum Mod dallasdivergirl's Avatar
    i got an xs brigade & i love it. i am pretty short in the torso for my height and it fits well.

Grouper Founding Member
    Maybe a BP/W. I know there are manufacturer's that make them in different sizes. And the harness is infinitely adjustable. You'd have to pry my fiance's from her dead, cold fingers.

Shane

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    To all the ladies in the house:
    Anyone have any suggestions for a BC for my wife. She is very petite and prefers jacket style, but is looking at something light to travel with
    My sister and I are also petite (both 5'2" tall), we've gone through the same agony to try and find a BC that fits our short torso. If she really wanted a jacket style, have a look at the Mares Kaila, it comes in sizes from XS, which fits heights between 4'8" to 5'4".

The previous posts mentioned Zeagle Zena and Brigade, they're both back inflate BC, which I personally like more as well. If she doesn't mind a back inflate in oppose to a jacket one, the Zeagle range is worth a look, very reasonably priced yet top quality and great customer services. My sister got a Zeagle Lazer and loved it.

Good luck searching.

Shark Founding Member
    I love my Zena!! Keep in mind that Zeagles are modular in design, so you can literally get a custom fit, which can make a huge difference for some folks. The Zena weighs only about 4 pounds and folds down to nearly nothing to pack for travel.

My recommendation for you wife is to try on as many different types of BCs as possible to see what fits best and what she likes. That includes ones marketed for both men and women.

My husband has always dove a jacket style BC until this year when he finally tried on a Zeagle Ranger. He couldn't believe how much freer he felt not having all that bulk under his arms. He sold his jacket BC on ebay and bought a Ranger LTD (Thanks Joe!).

I believe that it's easier to trim out in a back inflate and for anyone concerned about being pushed onto their face at the surface, simply don't inflate your wing all the way.

Grouper Founding Member
    If you wanted to look at the BP/W option, DSS has a small stainless plate that weighs 3.8 pounds and is made for women 5'3" and under. That plate with an 18# travel wing would make a nice BC for a small frame.

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=1

Ron

TadPole
    I'll 3rd the Zeagle Zena! I love mine as well. You say your wife want's a jacket style, well, have her try this back-inflate. The corset-like construction gives me SO much back support when donning that AL80 or Steel tank!

And the flexibility of the pieces makes this a great BC. When I tried it on initially, I got all parts as a medium, but I found that at depth, the BC was still too big....in most cases, you'd be SOL, but I called Scubatoys and they swapped out the front panel to a small for me!

Now the BC fits me beautifully!

Have your wife try one of these and she won't look back. They're also great for packing and traveling with.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    People, People.

Thanks for the suggestions, and she has tried back inflate and hated it. (I know, I know) She just wants a regular old jacket style, so no more BP/W suggestions. Thanks all.

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    People, People.

Thanks for the suggestions, and she has tried back inflate and hated it. (I know, I know) She just wants a regular old jacket style, so no more BP/W suggestions. Thanks all.
    Thor...

Do you know what she hated about it? Did the BC fit properly?

Just curious.

Scott

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information