Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On A Budget? Helpful Tool To Help (Cut) The Price.

TadPole

On A Budget? Helpful Tool To Help (Cut) The Price.

As many of you know dive knifes can be cool to have from the massive Rambo style to the small compact version. The downfall of this is that sometimes the price can add up, some knives with a price tag of around $80.00 and up. If you are on a budget and don't need an expensive knife buy EMT shears, scissors. Here is a helpful item that you can carry and it will cut through about anything out there like fishing net, fishing string and wet suits. Cut the wetsuit only in emergencies though because we all know how expensive they can get. Anyways EMT shears can be found about any where and I even found on Ebay you can buy 25 or so for around $15.00 for an example. Also the wieght is very light so when you attach them to your bc it's like they are never there. For more information check on SCUBA toys site as well. There is a Zeagle accessories kit that includes the EMT shears but once again consider the cost, sorry guys don't want to take away from your sales. What about rust you say? Don't worry, the shears are dispossable and are easy to replace but to make them last longer just rinse them off with fresh water and dry them well. Hopes this helps.

Paul Earnhardt Crete, Greece

Grouper
    But it is so cool to carry a big Knife around!!!!!!!!!!

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    Another knife option for those who want something cheap is the DIR knife. Just Google for it. In advance it's a serrated steak knife broken off and then ground flat at the tip. Use some 2 inch harness and build a sheath. It will only cost a few dollars to make and they work really well. A plus is they won't rust out either.
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Guppy Founding Member
    Or you can troll the bottom of a lake near an AOW class. There's bound to be at least one shiny new one down there.

Grouper
    Got several weight belts that way. I try to return those ... but in return ask for beers.

Guppy
    I use a Ginsu serrated steak blade that I ground the sharp point off of and it fits into my old medical shear sheath. I will snap a pic in the am and post it. this thing will cut concrete and if it breaks I have seven more in the drawer ready to go
    No Manatee's Were Molested During The Creation Of This Post

Grouper
    I'm gonna do that for my knife - no reason to buy one - now just have to find a buddy who has a grinder...

Or you could spend $4.95 on this one Scubatoys is selling:
    ScubaMax BCD dive Knife, Dive Knives, Scubamax, ScubaMax BCD dive Knife

Three colors, 2 different tips available. I might just buy a few to throw in the gearbag to give as gifts on trips.
    Last edited by diversteve; 10-23-2007 at 22:08.

Barracuda
    Quote Originally Posted by tremtech View Post
    I use a Ginsu serrated steak blade that I ground the sharp point off of and it fits into my old medical shear sheath. I will snap a pic in the am and post it. this thing will cut concrete and if it breaks I have seven more in the drawer ready to go
    And we have all seen the ginsu commercials, so have you eve cut through a can underwater, then sliced a tomato?

TadPole
    I agree the knifes on scuba toys for under 5 dollars beat a steak knife and at 5 bucks each why not use these for steak knifes!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information