Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary

Grouper
    Images

Anniversary

So I was all set to pull the trigger and buy my wife and I new rigs for our anniversary. I figured 2 bp/wings and 2 reg combos would be a great present. Well we were out shopping last weekend and ended up with a new teak wood dining room set. What the heck am I going to do with an eight person table and a china cabinet? So $2500 and a lot of heavy lifting later, I no longer have a scubatoys budget.

But maybe this good will towards my wife will = new gear for my birthday next month.... I guess time will tell.

Grouper
    So sorry to hear that! It will pay off in the long run...Now you can buy 3 of everything!

Grouper Founding Member
    two weeks ago, I got my wife flowers for our anniversary (we didnt buy each other anything else) and then last week we ordered bc's and reg's - glad we already have a china cabinet

Grouper
    sometimes I dont understand why we need china cabinets??!! whats wrong with kitchen cabinets?? why do we need special cabinets for china that we rarely use....UGH!

Grouper
    Hmmm..our anniversary is Monday and we have no china cabinet....but I would much rather have the scuba gear (don't have any 'china' anyway)..better yet, a scuba trip!!!

Maybe there is something wrong with me..am I supposed to want a china cabinet?

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixahl View Post
    sometimes I dont understand why we need china cabinets??!! whats wrong with kitchen cabinets?? why do we need special cabinets for china that we rarely use....UGH!
    that is exactly the point - you have a special cabinet to "show off" the special china pieces that you may get to use once or twice a year

Quote Originally Posted by Athena2c
    nothing is wrong with you, you know what you want to spend your $$ on and it doesnt include china - nothing wrong with that

I could live without ours, but my wife likes having it, so it stays - to me it just takes up extra space and is more to pack and make sure it doesnt break if we move

Grouper
    I bought my fiancee tickets to go see Rent AND a BCD. Bwa ha ha.

Course now my credit card bill hides under my bed and threatens to eat me at night.

Grouper
    Images
    My wife told me the other day that she never really wanted china, but over here in Japan, it's insanely cheap, so that's how we ended up with it. I guess I forgot to figure in the cost of the cabinet and matching dining room furniture into the "cheap china".

Quote Originally Posted by Athena2c View Post
    Hmmm..our anniversary is Monday and we have no china cabinet....but I would much rather have the scuba gear (don't have any 'china' anyway)..better yet, a scuba trip!!!

No, there's nothing wrong with you. If you don't have china, you shouldn't want a china cabinet. As far as the scuba trip, we did just go diving in Australia in March

skippy11
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaucoupfishies View Post
    I bought my fiancee tickets to go see Rent AND a BCD. Bwa ha ha.

Course now my credit card bill hides under my bed and threatens to eat me at night.

I know the feeling!! For Christmas, we bought each other a ton of Scuba gear. .......... I finally paid it off 4 months later. So, is it really a gift from your spouse if you actually pay the entire bill????

I'm just kidding; Honey I love you if you are reading this!!!

Grouper
    Just use your 8 person table for the same thing we use ours for. Piling all the gear on it when you're packing for dive trips.
    *Insert Witty Comment Here*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information